F1 racing stage 3 clutch

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
any body have any feedback on the f1 racing clutch kit they sell on ebay? they look good and the price is great.

89shoyamaha

Established Member
Just put one in my 03 w/the upr and steeda cable combo from blue oval industries. It grabs great with a little more pedal pressure than stock. Going thru break-in so i haven't gotten on it yet. Had to turn down cocky turbo 350z race today.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
thanks, let me know how it turns out. I justs bought a flywheel and I haven't bought the clutch yet. I'm saving for it for a couple of weeks more. This price is really tempting and it looks just identical to the spec 3. they probably come from the same factory.

89shoyamaha

Established Member
The kit came with a flywheel. You have 2 options a 16lb & a 12lb, I got the 16 and it revs a little quicker. But I like it so far and will keep you posted. I think it is a generic spec and i got the 6 puck.

chad174

Established Member
I've had it on the car for about 1500 or 2000 miles, I'm ditching it for a spec 3 that just showed up yesterday, too much chatter for me, it's like it doesn't want to break in all the way. I'm running the fidanza steel FW btw. It chatters on downshifts hard if you dont rev match all the time and you have to give it 2000 rpms coming away from a light, just getting a little old for a street car. although I do have to say it grabs hard as hell and I can shift as hard as I want now.

89shoyamaha

Established Member
I've logged my break in miles and agree with Chad174 that it does chatter, but it is because puck style clutches tend to do that by design. I think I read that on the American Muscle website but am not sure. Anyways it only does from low rpm starts and it indeed grabs hard! I can live with the chatter.

Users who are viewing this thread