F1 or D1 on a 2V?

chip6990

Established Member
Anyone know of a good F1 combo on a 2V? I was debating between the F1A or upgrading my P1 to D1 status. I have a stroked 302 shortblock good for 1000hp and since my car is at the shop, I thought I might upgrade. I figured between my shortblock and maybe a set of Trickflow heads and a F1A that shhof get me to 700hp easy.

Any input?

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
A good friend of mine has a 2000 GT with a built longblock and a D1SC. It made 688RWHP last time on the dyno. It is pretty much maxed out at that HP, but if you aren't looking for any more than that, it might be an option. F1 should get you well over the 700HP mark.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
F1C, it flows a little more than the F1A. If you do swap to trick flow heads then having the larger and more efficient F1C will be very beneficial. Those trick flow heads flow WAAAAY better then even ported P.I. heads. Also dont forget to get an intake to take advantage of the heads and blower. You may also want to consider getting a dedicated drive to eliminate belt slip.

NxCoupe

Established Member
I have a D1SC on a 347, makes 600 rwhp at 5500 rpm's at 12 psi. I can go down quite a bit in pulley size, and up the boost, but the block wouldn't take it. I would go F1 just for the wow factor. I built a 3V GT for a guy with an F1 on a 301 3V and it made 740 to the wheels at 18psi I think. It really is an animal of a blower. I like my D1 for smooth power and just because that's what I have. An F1 would be nice but not necessary in my situation.

chip6990

Established Member
I had. A friend with a built 2V and a D1 @ 12#'s and made 630hp, but I have N2O as well and when I spray it, I don't wanna over spin the blower. On the F1A I don't think that would be an issue. Bout 650-700hp is what I am shooting for.

02blownGT

Established Member
Check out boost curves,The F1a comes on alot earlier and more evenly.I wouldnt worry about over spinning a D1 most poeple never max them out anyway, your belt would slip before you had overspinning problems.I just prefer the way the boost comes on with an F1.

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
I absolutely love my F1... plenty of attention from all your buddies and all the power you can handle when you want it

Users who are viewing this thread