F/S - MG 2001 Cobra

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
2001 Mineral Gray Cobra - $9,900
(open to realistic offers but please don't send me any lowball BS offers – Please no trades or request to part out/swap parts)

Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Adult driven, never been to a track since I've had it. No burn outs or hard launches. A spirited drive from time to time is about all this car has seen since I've owned it.

Stock motor w/116K (Motor replaced by Marietta Ford at approx 30 – 35K, CarFax or Oasis report should reflect this)
75% Interstate miles between previous owner and myself.

Standard wear, but nothing out of the norm. Interior is clean, Back seats are spotless, drivers side front has normal wear and I believe one small cigarette burn from previous owner, passenger front is spotless.
Has not been smoked in for the last 5 years (no scent of cigarettes)

Paint is in good condition. No major damage and never been wrecked that I know of (I’ve owned since 50K).

Mods:
- SLP LM II Catback
- MGW Shifter
- JLT True Cold Air Intake
- Alum Drive Shaft
- FR500 Style wheels (18x9 in the front, 18x10 in the back)
- I have some FR500 Peddle covers that will go with the car.
- Ford GT COP Covers.
- Tinted windows
- Tinted/clear corner headlights.
- Tinted tail light and fog light covers.
- Removed Ford emblem from trunk
- Chrome Inserts in rear bumper
- Hawk brake pads

Since I’ve owned the car I’ve run nothing by German Castrol Oil and a K&N Oil filter.

Car is clean and runs well. I’ve never had any issues with it other than replacing the battery.

The bad:
Nothing major at all.
The rear diff has a small leak at the seal. No, the diff is not cracked.
It currently is throwing a code for running lean due to the CAI allowing unmetered air to pass through.
The front tires will need replacing soon.
As I said, nothing major.

I will try and get some updated pictures up later this week. pollen has been real bad so the car is yellow at this point.

car.jpg

car2.jpg

Last edited:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
So the car has 116k on it?

yes,the car has 116k...the motor has about 30 - 35k less. I used to have the documentation, but I'm in the process of packing the house up (moving) and I'm not 100% sure where it is. An OASIS Report (possibly even CarFax) should show this if you can get someone at a dealership to run it for you.

I can try and dig up the documentation this weekend though.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
So that means the motor still has approximately 90k, correct?

80k - 90k Correct -
I don't want to give a "dead on" number because I don't remember exactly when the motor was replaced.

I bought the car with 51k or 53K on it about 4+ years ago....75% of the miles from that point on were Interstate but just recently changed jobs with a city (15min) commute.
Before this I was clocking about 60 miles round trip Mon - Fri to work.

Last edited:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Got the car sprayed off from all the pollen this weekend. Will add some more pictures (interior and engine) tonight...

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
A lot of pollen still on the car even after spraying off yesterday...but here are some pictures.

100_2866.jpg

100_2848.jpg

100_2851.jpg

100_2852.jpg

Passenger seat
100_2853.jpg

100_2854.jpg

Back seats
100_2856.jpg

100_2864.jpg

100_2859.jpg

Drivers Seat
100_2861.jpg

100_2862.jpg

100_2863.jpg

100_2865.jpg

matt87

Established Member
wow! another killer deal on an obviously well taken care of cobra. i've seen some with half the miles that dont look as nice. good luck with the sale.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
wow! another killer deal on an obviously well taken care of cobra. i've seen some with half the miles that dont look as nice. good luck with the sale.

I appreciate it....trust me, if I didn't have a little girl on the way, the car would be going no where...

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Really would prefer an enthusiast buy this car…but it will be going in the Autotrader on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread