F/S: Aluminator 10:1 shortblock, 1476 miles

Wayneo

Established Member
Man You just installed this thing it feels like!!! How much power did it put down and on what boost? Your car is bada**:rockon:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Local sale pending! Deal to be done on Friday.

Man You just installed this thing it feels like!!! How much power did it put down and on what boost? Your car is bada**:rockon:

It doesnt just feel like i just installed it, i did just install it! Actually installed in Aug 2010. I pulled it out due to a strange noise in the valvetrain. Mildly frustrated as this was a brand new aluminator longblock, with 1476 miles on it.

Anyway, here is what i found in driver head:

ouch.jpg

most normal people would have just replaced the part and moved on. i decided to use this a time to upgrade further.....and build it to handle anything i ever wanna throw at it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Any idea what could have caused that cast girdle to break like that? Are the cams stock?

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Any idea what could have caused that cast girdle to break like that? Are the cams stock?

stock cams. i suspect that this component was not torqued correctly during assembly of the head at ford. either that, or plain and simple flaw in the cast material.

Need some billet girdles!

anyways, while mildly frustrated at it, I am not pursuing any warranty claim, gonna save myself the headache. Tore down the heads anyway for a stage 2 MHS port and will be preparing for custom grind cams to go with the new boss block combo.

black 10th vert

Established Member
stock cams. i suspect that this component was not torqued correctly during assembly of the head at ford. either that, or plain and simple flaw in the cast material.

Need some billet girdles!

anyways, while mildly frustrated at it, I am not pursuing any warranty claim, gonna save myself the headache. Tore down the heads anyway for a stage 2 MHS port and will be preparing for custom grind cams to go with the new boss block combo.

Interesting. You are probably right that it was just a flawed casting. I would definitely go with billet replacements since you are going all out on the build anyway. Sounds like it will be an absolute monster!

Users who are viewing this thread