F/S - 4# Lower w/3.2 alt Pulley

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
Figured I'd post this up in here for a local sale as well if anyone is interested...

Bought this a while back from a buddy (Silver10th) brand new never installed, after many attempts at getting the stock lower crank off my car and finally coming to the realization that the bolt is stripped and that thing is just not coming off, I have the LFP 4# Lower Pulley kit with the 3.2 alt Pulley brand new still never installed, everything included, as described here...

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/lfp-quick-change-lower-pulley-kit-200304-mustang-cobra-p-329.html

Sells for $329 on their site and then at least $15 to ship from them, anyone local can pick it up for $300. Quick change my ass haha, very depressed I could not put this thing on, missing out on a TON of torque. Let me know if anyone is interested.
~Derek

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
You sure you can't get it off? I have done a couple of them and it will budge. You just need a big breaker bar and the car in gear w/ the belt still on.

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
He told me he tried absolutely everything, even took the whole front end off to get at it

notchstang92 said:
You sure you can't get it off? I have done a couple of them and it will budge. You just need a big breaker bar and the car in gear w/ the belt still on.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
When taking off the stock lower pulley, you need to heat the bolt
as there is a sealer in there and it needs to be loosened up
also the threads are reversed.
If anyone can get it off it is Dana and crew at Protree Performance
in Hudson, NH. His SVTP screen name is PONYNX I believe.
At least talk to him. Ken

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
The problem with the bolt was that it was stripped, believe me, guy i had doing this had done a number of lower pulley's before. only way to even possibly get the thing off may have been to weld something to the bolt to turn it. Either way, anyone interested in a 4# lower? lol

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
If you want to try it again I can have you go see my friend over at herb chambers in braintree. He had the exact same problem on a Harley F150 and was able to remove the pulley. Its up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread