F/S 2014 or 2013 Faux GT Cap $50 shipped

GrabberBluStang

Established Member
Hey everyone, I have a perfect condition GT faux cap that was taken off my 2014 Mustang GT with less than a 1000 miles on it. All the tabs in the back are intact, so you pop off your old one and add this cap. It perfect for someone that have a 2013 or 2014 V6 that want to a GT logo instead.
I want $50 shipped to make it a quick sale. I also do paypal just so you know. If interested just PM me.

IMG_1031_zps785434e4.jpg

IMG_1032_zps40718700.jpg

Fudge

Established Member
How hard was this to pull off?
I want to get a custom made one for my car..... But didn't see an easy way to pull it off!!

swedensky

Established Member
I want to get a custom made one for my car..... But didn't see an easy way to pull it off!!

If your car is an 10-12 there is an easy instruction walk through on emblempros.com where most of us get our emblems.
This one looks like it is off of a 13-14 which is much more a pain in the a** than it should be. It requires you:
1. Pop off the whole decklid panel. 12 clips and tedious not to damage paint.
2. Clip off the two clips that hold this cap to the decklid on the backside.
3. Pop this cap off with ease.
Now the worst part:
The black portion you see here is one piece. The "GT" letters are actually the same piece as the "chrome" surround. Its a big mold and the matte black part has GT letters cut out of it where the Silver ones come through.
57ba417a-d009-46c5-934b-6c1059e5f32f_zpsc91f6fcf.jpg

So in order to replace it with a custom one you must:
4. Remove the black piece from the back by those seven black pieces on the back.
5. Cut out the center of the cap. You need the chrome ring and you need as much flat surface as possible to let the custom one have a base to adhere to but you must cut out all the GT lettering and anything else with a raised surface.
I used a dremel and it wa AWFUL. But I guess it paid off:
1377135583_zps1bb8aa9b.jpg

This was not meant to DERAIL the thread for an Install How-To, but I HIGHLY suggest before hacking up yours, you buy this one for how cheap it is, and then you also miss no down time while your custom one is made.

GrabberBluStang

Established Member
If you look at the cap closely at the edge between 10 o'clock and 11 o'clock, you'll see a small gap inside. Just take thin screw driver and wrap electric tape from the tip of the driver to the middle. Then carefully pop it to where you can get a finger hold to pop the rest out.

GrabberBluStang

Established Member
Bump!! I called the ford dealer today and this cap alone new is $280 plus tax!!:uh oh: Crazy!!
But I'm still going firm at $50 with free shipping!!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread