F/S: 1998 Contour SVT $2400.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
128K. Silver on Blue.
I'll list the bad first so no one wastes their time.
3rd gear grinds but works(I drive it 3-4 days out of the week).
Left front fender has a dent(I know where there is a good used silver one for $75)
Front bumper cover has some scuffs/scrapes.

Motor runs great, recent FULL tune-up.
Brand new Goodyears with 1,000 miles on them.
I get over 20MPG city driving and I don't drive that easy.
Interior is very clean.
Kenwood headunit with a USB port.
Exterior could use a good detail and would look very nice.
I wouldn't think twice about getting in this car and driving it anywhere. It runs VERY good.
2 sets of keys/remotes.
Clean, clear, open CT title.
I can get more pictures for a SERIOUS buyer.

Thanks, Mat 203-507-3987

Contour017a.jpg

00SVTC

Established Member
looks clean, good luck with the sale, there doesn't seem to be a good market for these around our area, trust me, i know first hand...

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
looks clean, good luck with the sale, there doesn't seem to be a good market for these around our area, trust me, i know first hand...

Thanks! Aside from the bumper and fender it is a very clean car. A good buff and it would be VERY nice. We'll see what happens, I may try Ebay. I have too many vehicles.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Any chance of delivery?

I have a truck and trailer. I could meet you somewhere if we worked something out. You can also fly in and I can pick you up at the airport and have the car waiting with a full tank of gas(that is probably the cheapest option). Let me know. Thanks, Mat

JMan689

Established Member
I don't have the time to drive that far though, between work and school mon-fri.

If i were to buy it you'd have to bring it closer, whats like halfwayish between you and Chicago?

How bad does 3rd gear grind? unusable? does it only do it in cold weather? More pics?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I don't have the time to drive that far though, between work and school mon-fri.

If i were to buy it you'd have to bring it closer, whats like halfwayish between you and Chicago?

How bad does 3rd gear grind? unusable? does it only do it in cold weather? More pics?

You could fly in on a Saturday and be home that same night or Sunday.
I can bring it closer for a small fee, I am not a hard guy to work with.
3rd gear makes no noise for the first few shifts then grinds. It works fine, even while grinding. It never is unusable, always goes right in without force.
If you are serious I can get some more pictures once the weather clears up around here.

JMan689

Established Member
I'm always serious, my dad said you need some kind of special plate or something (it was awhile back i can't remember the exact details) to drive a vehicle home from another state. Which is the main reason i want it closer (that and while i CAN drive stick, i'm just not the greatest at it) The closer you could bring it the better, let me know some prices for however close you're willing to bring it.

Gas is supposed to hit 4 dollars a gallon here by May, driving an SUV won't cut it anymore, and this is my top choice for a new DD. Don't want to have to buy an import.

And whenever the weather clears up more pics would be excellent.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I'm always serious, my dad said you need some kind of special plate or something (it was awhile back i can't remember the exact details) to drive a vehicle home from another state. Which is the main reason i want it closer (that and while i CAN drive stick, i'm just not the greatest at it) The closer you could bring it the better, let me know some prices for however close you're willing to bring it.

Gas is supposed to hit 4 dollars a gallon here by May, driving an SUV won't cut it anymore, and this is my top choice for a new DD. Don't want to have to buy an import.

And whenever the weather clears up more pics would be excellent.

You just need a temporary tag. You tag the title to your local DMV and they issue you a temp tag. I will toss some numbers around and let you know. I may have some more pics on here, if so I will post them in a few.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Here are a few quick pictures I took last night. My buddy needed to borrow the car so I snapped a few before he drove off. Keep in mind I didn't get a chance to clean it. The back seat shot is a pretty good idea of how it cleans up minus the papers on passenger floor, LoL.
WS6012.jpg

WS6013.jpg

WS6014.jpg

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Looks good, you ever figure out any prices?

Thanks, it cleans up very nice inside.
I haven't figured out any prices, best thing I can say is figure something out and let me know. Just keep in mind that my truck runs on diesel and it isn't cheap. HaHa. Like I said though I would be glad to pick you up from the airport. Get a temp tag from your local DMV and you are good to go! Feel free to call me at the number listed above if you want to discuss anything over the phone.
Thanks, Mat

JMan689

Established Member
How bout Vice-Versa? you could always drive it out here and i could drop you at the airport. Got to get some work done on my Daily driver right now and get a buyer for it, its gotta go before i can get another ride. I'll have to talk to my dad about how far he's willing to take a trip with me.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
How bout Vice-Versa? you could always drive it out here and i could drop you at the airport. Got to get some work done on my Daily driver right now and get a buyer for it, its gotta go before i can get another ride. I'll have to talk to my dad about how far he's willing to take a trip with me.

That might work. Just keep in mind the car would have to be paid for before I left. What's the closest airport to you so I can look into it. Also let me know how far you can travel to meet. I am sure we can work something out.
Thanks, Mat

Users who are viewing this thread