F/S 1997 Cobra - White/121,000k miles/ Excellent Shape. Yorba Linda $9,000 OBO

Maverick-4

Established Member
may want to review price bud, in very good conditon blue book value is around 5k, now its a Cobra therefore i think price is wherever some one is willing to pay, good luck with sale anyways bro!

97poizn

Established Member
may want to review price bud, in very good conditon blue book value is around 5k, now its a Cobra therefore i think price is wherever some one is willing to pay, good luck with sale anyways bro!

Thanks man. 1996-1998 Cobras in mediocre condition are going for 6-7k. I believe with the condition for my car that is a fair price. And you cant go by blue book with any cobra. That will never happen.

Saikodi

Established Member
GLWS.

Just a comment... A 1997 car (17 year old) with 121K miles - how can it be a 10/10 exterior and 9/10 interior? I wouldnt rate my 2011 with 12K miles that way. Did you paint the car recently and do a complete interior refresh and changed the seats?

97poizn

Established Member
GLWS.

Just a comment... A 1997 car (17 year old) with 121K miles - how can it be a 10/10 exterior and 9/10 interior? I wouldnt rate my 2011 with 12K miles that way. Did you paint the car recently and do a complete interior refresh and changed the seats?

Thanks. Well a car with 121K miles that is 17 years old has an average of 7k miles a year. That is pretty low when you think of the average being 12K a year for an average driver. Since the original owner, who was the owner before me was a single and older man, he did not have any sit in the rear seats and barely anyone in the passenger. The car was garaged for the past 17 years and with someone who cares about paint and waxes the car every 6 months, I think that is very possible. Seats are immaculate and so is the interior. It is pretty simple, if you take care of your car, it will stay nice. At least I think that is how it works.

Saikodi

Established Member
I understand that. But after 121K miles of use, can anything be 10/10? At least a rock chip or a spec of wheel rash or a little bit of wear on the driver's seat or bit of dirt or the carpet is expected. Isnt it? I know we all take good care of our cars. But these are things that will happen since the car has to go 121K miles on the road and the driver needs to sit on the driver seat and use the dash controls, steering wheel, etc.

I understand that he means the car is in great/perfect condition given the miles and the age but rating it 10/10 or 9/10 I think is a bit too much.

Similarly, a few months back, when I was looking for a BMW as a DD, I saw a few ads on craigslist of old 328i cars with 140K miles and were rated 10/10, immaculate condition, etc. I couldnt understand how.

Anyways, I didnt mean to hijack the thread. Good luck with the same man.

Users who are viewing this thread