F/S 1996 Mercury Cougar Xr7 4.6L v8

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
eastwardlook012.jpg

It has become impractical to own 3 cars for me, so I'm looking to let go of this cougar. It was the first car I ever owned other than some POS camry, so you can imagine it's been treated like royalty. :rockon:

Here's the info:
-- asking price $1200 depending on wheel choice(s)
-- Bostonian edition with black coach top
-- oxford white
-- dark grey leather interior
-- 150,XXX miles, I put on the last 50k, a elderly person put on the rest with his wife from Quincy, MA.
-- the following are brand new parts: brand new stock exhaust (including all 3 cats) w/ mufflers deleted, the modified aftermarket intake manifold, all new brake lines, all 4 new calipers (painted red), some new pullies, and numerous EFI parts and sensors.
-- rebuilt transmission, perfect shifts... i made sure of this personally.
-- power windows, locks, steering, mirrors, moonroof, etc.
-- has all options available

Custom features:
-- Body is flawless, i have the stock bumper... but I have a Supercoupe rear bumper, and side skirts on it. I also have the xenon front air dam lip on it as well.
I have a lip spoiler on the trunk lid as well.
-- As for wheels i have 4 sets of rims and tires for this car, this will change my asking price but they are the following:
Sporty 5 spoke 245 x 45- 18s, tires are worn continental all seasons
Stock cougar 15" alloys, tires are worn goodyears
stock lincoln 16" alloy octastars, wrapped w/ pirellis
stock lincoln lsc 16" alloys wrappped w/ Falken Ziex ZE512

Problems:
Im going to be honest.
-- The rear suspensioin is great, but the front suspension will eventually need new ball joints and/or upper control arm bushings
-- the rubber O-ring in the back of the transmission where the slip yoke goes is warn and needs to be replaced, the o-ring can't cost more than 10 bucks, but you half to slide the driveshaft out to replace it.
-- one rear o2 sensor needs to be replaced, they are all brand new but this troubled was an aftermarket one and the OBDII system hates it because its not a ford part.

Bonus:
-- I will be more than happy to do any labor to the car you want me to do at my garage for the cost of the parts. I just cant justify spending more money on this car when i have two other car projects to attend to. I have a rediculous supply of spare parts for the Cougar including a second new full exhaust system, that will all come with the purchase for free. This car has been excellently maintained, and I will be more than happy to see the car again for help with future mods etc.
-- I can also have it towed to a 100miles radius free, and if you have AAA plus, I can have my friend do another 100 miles for free as well. (all my friends have tow trucks) It is not registered for the road right now.

Contact Info:
Please serious buyers only. I only accept cash, travelers checks, maybe Paypal.
I check my email religiously. I have many pictures available.

[email protected]
aol screen name: jmdude68

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread