f/s 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 hatch

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Offer to svtp members, so if you see this or tell a friend, my bottom dollar on this car is 7k, you would also get any parts I have for it. I have some 24lb injectors in a box , a trick flow stage 2 cam and some misc parts(stock stuff). No negotiating at this price, I just want something different namely another cobra or a new 5.0. May considering trading for 03/04 cobra but nothing else. I may just custom order a new mustang next year.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Who did the motor work on the car? I have some questions/concerns.

Not too many people willingly put in '86 flat-top pistons, because they have to be flycut if you go with a larger cam or better heads, even GT40's.
Also, you state that the cam was installed 10-degrees advanced. Are you sure you don't mean the cam was installed straight up and timing was set at 10 BTDC? 10 degrees advanced on the stock cam in a relatively stock motor is going to give you a terrible power curve.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
no clue motor was built by rich groh and only telling what previous owner told me. i couldnt find dist tdc until i installed @ 10 advanced. car runs hard and has beat pretty modded 97 cobra n/a and 93 with bolt ons. needs a dyno imo but I've lost interest

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
since you said that must be why they ported heads and stayed stock cam. hell you can buy these 5.0 motors for under 500 so if you wanted to go with a/f heads and cam. I was going to buy 331 short block but changed my mind. It pulls hard with motor setup and figured hell with it

SVT Rob

Established Member
no prob just stating what I know which isn't much about an engine that I never opened up

Not a problem, man, was just curious. I know the 86 flat tops have slightly more compression, but the trade-off is usually not worth it. If you wanted a strong running "stock" engine, it's a good compromise though. Good luck with the sale, that's a clean fox!

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Aside from my derail, I can vouch for the seller. Was up front and honest about everything when I bought my Cobra from him. Wouldnt hesitate to do business again!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
thanks.... I really am motivated to sell but like anything of this caliber I can't afford to give it away so someone buy this car.

Users who are viewing this thread