F/S: 03 cobra fully built IRS

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
The irs has about $6000 in parts and work. Stage 5+ axles, with everything that was rubber is now aluminum and urethane with aluminum cores MM IRS Grip Box . All wheel hop is eliminated! And there is nothing else you can do with it , its fully reinforced. Comes with 3.73 gears... shocks and springs are stock cobra parts. IRS has 16k miles on it and the mods were done 1000 miles ago so everything is new. $2000

Contact Alex
[email protected]

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Last edited:

acidtonic

Established Member
I'm not seeing the coilovers or after market shocks that usually are used to help with the hop. You're saying just bushings and some level 5s stopped all your hop? Meaning the level 5s of course do nothing as well as the brace.

So once again you just installed some bushings and it stopped the hop? Really?

If you want to come trade for my 8.8 with Tokico D-Spec shocks installed less than a month ago I'll do it. But 2K for that seems a bit steep to me.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Coilovers and shocks do nothing for the wheel hop guy, that mod give the car more bite on the road. Stage 5 axles $1800 , MM IRS Grip Box $1000 , then your looking at 20 hours in trying to put all that in which is a nightmare!!! So its an expesive piece.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
If you want to come trade for my 8.8 with Tokico D-Spec shocks installed less than a month ago I'll do it. But 2K for that seems a bit steep to me.

You should check out the prices for all the stuff he's put into that IRS. Its not cheap and you get the IRS as well.
Maybe you should make him an offer then.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Yeah people dont understand how much money reinforcing the IRS the right way is. Not only the axles that run 1800 but the MM parts aswell. And im going to let everyone know right now installing the MM bushing is the worst thing ive ever done. Do not try this yourself or have a shop thats not skill do it because they WILL FAIL. The MM kit makes you take the hole IRS out of the car, taking it apart,pressing out the bushings ,installing the new bushing, and then the nightmare alignment!!! Every god damn piece needs to be put in and taken out like 6-10 times before you get it right. Mustang Magic guy and me where doing this shat for 20 hour. Its worth it but at the same time its not. 90x20 = 1800 in labor

acidtonic

Established Member
Ok so you're counting labor....

In my opinion changing the ball joints sucked the most for me so far. Cant find a worthwhile balljoint press these days. I broke a press on each side trying. One failed pressing in and the other snapped in half pressing the other side out.

Thankfully both were rented and both shops said they are junk and they break all the time and I got my $100 deposit back each time. :)

I understand the bushings probably suck. I didnt hear that you installed the grip box too. Levels 5s + the remaining stuff starts to make some sense with your price.

To the guy that said shocks dont help wheel hop though you're blatantly wrong.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
The way you get wheel hop is from the IRS starting to shake when your trying to hook the car. Since all the bushings are rubber theres a load of play. Everything ive done made the irs have no play at all, and now works as a solid rear minus the bad handling and cars ass going left and right when your spinning. The shocks might help but only because your ass will drop faster to catch traction, but if it doesnt its wheel hop all the way brother. Plus this reinforcements also makes the irs a lot sronger to withstand a lot of power with out braking. If thats no play theres no brake

acidtonic

Established Member
Agreed. Getting the ideal dampening/rebound can help dial in a setup meant to reduce the hop. The rubber is more of a problem then the shocks, I also agree there.

Good luck with your sale.

Users who are viewing this thread