F@$KING HEATER CORE!!!

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Well tonite I changed out the 2 heater hoses the connect the heater tube to the heater core(they were weakened and collapsing so I had no heater) and I go done went inside to grab a jacket and head to the gas station and I leave the car running to check for any leaks and I start on my way home and I smell coolant, I didnt think anything of it, just thought it was residual from changing the hoses, I get home and decide to check it out anyway and I pop the hood and hear that dreaded sound on the headers :mj: I shine my light near the hoses and sure as shit coolant is being spit out the rubber grommet that holds the heater cores tubes :cuss: :mj: :burn: :mj: :cuss: :fm: :cryying: SHIT guess I tweaked one of the tubes too much while getting the old hoses off. Too top it all off I cut the ever loving shit out of my left index finger and probably need to have stictches. Jeez I swear if it isn't one thing its another with this old p.o.s. I know what I will be doing this weekend, I am just glad that it isn't gonna freeze tonite or tomm. Sorry guys just had to vent:nonono:

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
That sucks. I learned the hard way that you can't pull on the tubes at all. They are very delicate. 4 heater cores in my LX over 11 years...

nj7703

Established Member
I had 2 heater cores EXPLODE into my car years ago. I had a POS Buick and it pured nice hot anti-freeze into the passer side. There was a lake of it in a matter of 30 seconds. Had i had someone in there, would have been totally burned.

Users who are viewing this thread