F@cking Dealers

speeder

Established Member
I decided to stop at the dealer today to see what they would charge me to change the oil and fuel filter on my truck, the service writer says the oil change is 30 dollars, thats not to bad, so then I asked how much to change the fuel filter at the same time?, the service writer said its 140 dollars to replace the fuel filter, im like WTF, so I asked how much is the filter?, he said about 35 dollars, I asked how much labor to install it?, he said 99 dollars, I said f@ck that, and left. Now I normally change my own oil, it only takes me about 15 minutes to do it, but ive never changed a fuel filter on a Lightning and I don`t have the tools needed to do it, anybody in the bay area want to help a Lightning brother out with the fuel filter change?, I would like to change it before the dyno day on 7/27.

Thanks

Larry.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Help a brother out Lightning Larry lol....And Larry (speeder) make sure you get some more video of your dyno...I love your first dyno video..still got it saved :thumbsup:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Wow the fuel filter takes like 5 minutes to change out. And you can buy a new aftermarket filter for like $8.

They are insane!

speeder

Established Member
Hey Larry

I just got to thinking that the reason I beat you on the dyno last time was because your fuel filter needed to be changed, :D :D :D .

Larry.

Users who are viewing this thread