f-350 vs cobra opinions please!

beeradd

Established Member
My father is in a pinch and needs to sell his truck. It is an 06 f-350 super crew short bed 4x4 with 45k miles. Fully loaded, sunroof, factory lifted (not overkill) with factory 20'' wheels. Absolutely stunning truck and is a real head turner everywhere you go. I always told him that when he was going to sell I would buy it, well he called me out and offered it to me for a pretty good deal. The catch is I would need to sell my cobra.... Tough decision for me, I absolutely love my car and it is super nice, with the new baby I don't really get to drive it very much anymore and when I do I don't know how I don't get a ticket or even jail time lol.. The family fits real nice in the truck...
What would you do? :shrug:

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Is the cobra paid for already? If it is why would you need to sell it? Is this an every day driver?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
You don't get to drive the Cobra much and with gas prices the way they are you probably won't get to drive the F350 much either, so I'd keep what I have. I gather you already have a vehicle that the whole family can fit in and if you don't an F350 isn't the one to get with gas prices the way they are in my opinion.

If I'm going to have something drinking a lot of gas it may as well be my Cobra and since you already have it I'd say keep it unless you've been wanting to get rid of it anyway. Folks will say you can sell it and get another one later, but I like what I have, so I'm not trying to sell it with hopes of finding one like mine later on. Only do what you have to do and only you truly know what you want to do with either vehicle.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
That is tough. We had an F-150, and I discovered I really really like trucks. I was heartbroken when we decided to trade it in.

But having to get rid of the Cobra? I don't know. If the F-350 Diesel or gas? If I were to go to a HD truck, it would be diesel.

One thing - you could buy a nice-size camper and go camping. Lots of fun times to spend with the family.

mach1033

Established Member
No I still owe a bit on it, it is my weekend car.

I would keep what you have and if a family car is needed then I would get something a little more practical than a F-350. Explorers are very affordable, easy to maintain as well as cheaper to maintain compare to a truck like an F-350. If you really love the Cobra trust me and everyone else that is telling you to keep it.

beeradd

Established Member
I am rocking a mazda 5 (mini van type) for the family car, it is a company car and 100% free including gas, maint. etc, my wife has a decent newer sedan. I can't justify two toy cars lol, would be awesome though. This truck was over 60k when he bought it new, offering it to me for 25k.

mach1033

Established Member
I am rocking a mazda 5 (mini van type) for the family car, it is a company car and 100% free including gas, maint. etc, my wife has a decent newer sedan. I can't justify two toy cars lol, would be awesome though. This truck was over 60k when he bought it new, offering it to me for 25k.

Now its a no brainer. Free minivan for the family and your wife has a nice sedan to. Cobra FTMFW!!!!!!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
keep the car. Im fortunate enough, I have an '08 Lariat F150...if I needed to downsize the truck would go first. To much value in the car.

nol300

Established Member
keep the car. Im fortunate enough, I have an '08 Lariat F150...if I needed to downsize the truck would go first. To much value in the car.

+ 1 I have a 10 Silverado LTZ but if I had to get rid of something I would downsize my truck way before the Cobra as I can always get another truck where would I find another 4k mile Cobra.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Keep your car.

The 6.0l diesel is a pile of crap

Diesel cost more than 91-93

Oil changes are $100+

Fuel filters are $50-150

They cost more to maintain and modify than a cobra

Trust me I've had both and I work for ford

Users who are viewing this thread