F-350 PSD oil leak

rd04svt

Established Member
Not much going on in the SD section, huh?....Well....I got a Predator tuner for my 2000 7.3 PSD and put the 80hp tune in. It ran great except that I got an oil leak from somewhere. I cleaned the engine and removed the tune....no more oil leak. I've seen industrial diesels "slobber" due to insufficient load....is it possible that the tune is dumping more fuel that the engine can burn? Any suggestions are welcome.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
where is it coming from?? I haven't seen any PSD slobber oil out of anyplace. I have a 00 as well, with no problems being chipped for about 30k miles now.

rd04svt

Established Member
Looks like its coming out of the intake valley and running down the back of the engine. I'm going to clean it up this weekend and reinstall the tune and see what happens....

rd04svt

Established Member
99cobrablack said:
could be the turbo pedastal or the hpop rails. Thats what my guess would be.

Thats what it was...took it to the dealer today and had it repaired....it was one of those repairs that fell in the zone of cost vs. time (mine) so I paid up.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
chah-ching:beer: I take it the pedastal?? It isn't hard to do, but like most people they would rather have someone else do it. Glad to see it was fixed.

rd04svt

Established Member
99cobrablack said:
chah-ching:beer: I take it the pedastal?? It isn't hard to do, but like most people they would rather have someone else do it. Glad to see it was fixed.

Pedastal....I was committed to the diagnostic fee so for a few $ more I provided a fellow working grunt an easy job for the day.....just doing my part ;-)

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
ya i blew the hpop on my 99 a few years back. but i ran a 110hp chip. i miss my psd but my dad has all my mods but the lift on his psd so i still get to drive one. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread