F-150 or Silverado?

F-150 or Silverado...which is the better truck?

• F-150

Votes: 68 66.7%
  • Silverado

Votes: 34 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MarlboroMan

Established Member
Which one would you ultimately pick as a 1/2-ton truck? Meaning your overall score from reliability, performance, style, etc...Not just because its a Ford or a Chevy and you are their #1 fan. If you tallied up all the points in an honest rating whats the better truck? For 2004 years and newer trucks.

Im looking into trading in my daily driver (Dodge Ram) into something else. Ive had a F-150 in the past and I liked it but Im not completely Ford favored when it comes to trucks. Only performance vehicles. Im kind of wanting a "newish" F-150 or Silverado 4x4 but cant decide.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
this isnt because its a Ford but I choose the F150 based on my brother's experience with his 06 silverado. He bought it brand new and at 2500 miles had to bring it in to have the rear end checked because it was leaking. Around 7000 miles he had to bring it in because it was missing bad, they had to do something with the computer. 10,000 miles had to change the tires for the first time. 16000 miles he had to bring it back in for the rear end leaking again. 21,000 on it now and he just bought it back again for all 4 tires being worn down to the wire. Also its missing again now but he doesnt feel like taking it back to the dealership. In fact he is about to sell it and buy a F150 or dodge diesel

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
my familys owned many dodges, fords, and chevy trucks... im not saying fords or dodges are bad trucks at all but chevy has always been the better truck for us *IMO*

2_wacko

Established Member
My wife has 2004 Ford first 14000miles had to take truck in it was wearing the inside of the tires down. I have a 2005 GMC and my dad has a 2006 Silverado no problems there. Btw ford gas trucks have no power at all compared to the 5.3s in the Chevys and GMCs. BTW I love Ford F-250 and 350s.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Post of the specs of both because I don't research light duty trucks.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
you said 2004+ so here is my humble opinion!!!

Since 2004 was the last yr of the lightning that's 1 for ford.
F150 King Ranch- 2 for Ford
F150 HD- 3 for Ford.

The Chevy's equivilant= BLAND

I personally don't like Chevy interiors. I like the fit and finish as well as ride quality of F150's over the Chevy. That's not to say that Chevy's p/u's are bad- I just prefer Ford.

This is a Ford based website right? Since when did we get all the bowtie nutswingers over here? WTF people:shrug:

Last edited:

tech1460

Established Member
the 5.3 and 6.0 are strong engines and just seem to out pull the 5.4 in the ford. I have owned a 2001 f-150 with 5.4 and my father has owned an f-150 with a 5.4 and two silverado's both with 5.3 and they way outperform and out fuel mileage the 5.4. The 2001 silverado was a single cab long bed work truck weighed 4750 and ran a 15.6@90 at SDR fairly good time for a stock truck i thought. Also got around 20 mpg highway and 16mpg city if driven conservatively. My 2001 ford had headers, programmer, cold air, and exhaust. It would only go 16.1@86 and get maybe 14 mpg city and 18 highway if you drove real easy. The only thing i have against either now is drive by wire throttle. the early 2004-2005 fords had horrible throttle response. The chevy is not much better though, but when that 5.3 gets up on it's power band it pulls alot harder than the ford.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I borrowed my dad's F-150 to tow my GT across the country for an event and it's just a killer truck. It was a King Ranch so it had the sweet interior, but he had an XLT(?) before that and it also had a very nice interior. It also had more than adequate power to tow the 5000 pounds, though it was definitely working it's ass off climbing in the mountains.

I like the exterior of the Silverado, but I'm just not into GM interiors. The seats on both my Corvettes wore extremely fast, and it just looked cheap. The only GM trucks I've ever driven were old school so I can't comment on their driveability.

Don Juan

Established Member
Silverado , the new trucks are nice.

iyk6jd.jpg

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Silverado, take it from someone who's grandfather has an 08, loves it, along with the past hundred Chevy's he's owned, Uncle had an 02 Silverado, loved it, both cousins had 02 Silverados, loved them, And i loved my 02 tahoe

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Coin flip IMO

Obviously, on site you will get a bit of a biased opinion

Both have their + and -

The powertrain of the Chevy's seem much more "punchy", while the interiors of the Ford's seem better. Although, the new Chevy's interior are really nice.

I'd say right now, with current '08 models, the Chevy 1500's are better.

We have quite a few of both models (in various trim levels) at my families company. I'm in charge of buying them, so I know a good bit about each.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
in the world of trucks there is ONLY 1

FORD

we have a chevy truck here at work thats only used by my old group. BIGGEST POS ive ever driven in a new truck. the saying like a rock comes from the suspention. we have had it since new so i know it was never abused

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
F150

Too many issues with the Chevy trucks. Trannys, electrical issues, cracking heads, etc. F150 may be a bit slower, but the reliability is much better. Besides if you are buying a truck to be fast you would be buying a Lightning.:rockon:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
JUST bought a new silverado crew cab Z71. Really nice truck. GREAT interior. Does great on gas and has a lot of power. I have put 7000 miles on it so far and I am loving every second of it. Coming from owning a cobra AND a Lightning, this is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread