extrude hone

unibager

Established Member
Has anyone extrude honed their Cobra intake? I would like to know where to get it done, how much you paid, and most important, was it worth it?
Thanks guys.

cobra93

Established Member
I had my intake Extrude Honed back in 1999 with this combo:
http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/cars/Marnold-302.html

We saw about 8 rwhp on my car. Worth it is a relative term. At the time I was trying to eek out every last n/a hp from my combo with the stock shortblock and still keeping emissons compliance. To me, it was worth it to keep the stock look. It was very expensive though, around $475 if memory serves.

unibager

Established Member
Can you tell me who you had do it, and if they did a good job? Also, do you want to sell that extruded intake?

mustangcobra93

Established Member
I was interested in this too untill I saw the price. For the money I'd rather get a Holley Systemax, which I've heard would be really good for my blown application.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You might also want to check into "tmoss" on the corral.net. He is well known for his ported stock and cobra intakes. Very reasonably priced as well...

TOC

Established Member
I have a polished (upper only) and fully Extrude Honed Cobra upper and lower intake sitting unused in the garage.

I did this quite a few years ago (1996), when I built a 347 for my 93 Cobra. Wasn't very much in the way of after-market intakes back then.

It worked quite well on that engine. Made 350 rwhp and 400 rwtq (ported TFS-TW heads and X cam). Power was all done at about 5500 RPM, but it really strong on the street as there was abundant torque down low.

I'd be willing to sell it. If you're interesting send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread