Extremely PISSED!!!!!!!

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
Here's the story,

Yesterday and friend an I are installing my new stereo (radio, speakers, amps...) and when I open the hood to run the power wire, something looks off. Instantly I notice that my oil cap is missing, WTF.

I normaly change the oil myself, but I recently went on a road trip, and before making the hike back home I had it changed. I run Mobil 1 and no one reputable in the area would change it for me (Firestone, Goodyear...) they will only put their supply in it. So I wind up at a small garage. I figure, fug it, I could watch the guy the whole time to make sure he took care of my baby. So he's wraping it up and I turn away to pay. Get in the truck and go home. I don't know if it came off during the rid home or he forgot to put it back on at all, either way if it wasn't a 3 hour drive, I'de be on my way back to kick the sh!t out of someone. I'm so pissed :cuss:

Yet another reason that "IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT, YOU HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF"

sorry for the long story, just had to vent.

LightningMAS

Banned
damn that sucks... u are very lucky u didnt get oil spilled all over ur engine... that would completely suck... this is why i do all the parts install my myself.. but when i get someone else to do it, they dont do it right and *** up my engine or something..

anywayz, go back and kick the shit out of dude..

OH-MAN

Established Member
Many stories of quicky lubes leaving drain plugs filters ect loose.
Learn to do it yourself and feel proud when you have completed a job well done.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
OH-MAN said:
Many stories of quicky lubes leaving drain plugs filters ect loose.
Learn to do it yourself and feel proud when you have completed a job well done.

Yeah, I always do; except this time because I was out of town and didn't have anywhere to do it myself. I got burned and it definitely will NOT happen again.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
just do it yourself, it'll only take a few minutes. plus you'll save money.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I ordered a new 99 White reg' cab Z-71 loaded, when the changed to the bodystyle they have now. I had it about a year when i took it back to the dealer for some warr' work before going on a trip, so i had them change the oil. On my way to Richmond it was pouring the rain the whole way, i got there checked in a room. The next morning i went out and started my truck and "check oil level" came on, so i checked it and there was none showing. I had roadside so i had it towed to a dealer there,they put it up on the rack and the filter was oil covered along with the underside of the truck. The guy took his hand and gave the filter a half turn and it came off, the dealer didn't put the filter on all the way!! Because it was raining i couldn't tell the oil was draining out,the rain kept it from smoking. So they fill it back up, and I call the dealer that changed the oil, "and of course they didn't do it".Over the next month or so it started using oil, so i took it back to them and traded it in. I gave that problem waiting to happen back to them. Now i have a guy here in town that has a little garage and he puts my choice of oil and filters on, and i can stand right there and watch.

Users who are viewing this thread