extreme maintenance

topper

Established Member
Well im going on vacation next week, going to toss the truck in the shop for some good pampering. Getting claybar wax full detail. Engine wise i was going to prepare a list of things that could be done... add to it if you think i should..

Plugs (5 lb pulley and k&n---tr6s? Gap?)
Oil (Its getting warm out, should I use a thicker weight?)
Fuel Filter
Intercooler fluid flush

anything to add?:shrug:

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Id throw some fuel antifreeze in there it will keep your fuel from going bad, iam not sure on the exact name of it. For the oil use the same weight 5w20.

topper

Established Member
04xlightningx04 said:
Does this mean that you are going to miss the Old Town meet?

Yea I have been planning on this vacation for months, i NEED it.

Ill be out at the next one though.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Ive never heard of using a heavier weight cause of warmer temps, the recommend oil is put there for a reasion, it even says it clear as day on the cap lol.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
topper said:
Well im going on vacation next week, going to toss the truck in the shop for some good pampering. Getting claybar wax full detail. Engine wise i was going to prepare a list of things that could be done... add to it if you think i should..

Plugs (5 lb pulley and k&n---tr6s? Gap?)
Fuel Filter
Intercooler fluid flush

anything to add?:shrug:
Put the grilles in it.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
CHICOSVT said:

I use royal purple 10w30 down here.
The way our heads are designed they need the lighter weight oil for lubrication. I use the weight Ford calls for 5w 20 in synthetic.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
as far as the oil i would stick with 5w20...
i dont think that you need to add anything to the fuel to stop it from going stagnant...only if you are leaving for a long ass time like longer than a month. your gas will be fine sitting for a week or so.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
simshahh said:
as far as the oil i would stick with 5w20...
i dont think that you need to add anything to the fuel to stop it from going stagnant...only if you are leaving for a long ass time like longer than a month. your gas will be fine sitting for a week or so.

Ya good point, i was thinking of mine i guess, its been parked for over 3 months, but if its a short period of time then ya dont worry bout it.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
I think todays gas wont get that bad even in 3 months, but it's still a good idea to add some fuel stabilizer in it, maybe drive it around a little bit then park it.

I think all your "hydraulic" oils should be fine, trans and brake unless you already have a problem with them somewhere.

IMO for motor oil, I use 5W20, that or 5W30. I dont think I'd run anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread