extra boost

mendozacobra

Kickin it
Established Member
Is there a octane booster or any other fuel additive that will make a small difference in a run. Im going to need a little boost to get me the win on the next time I race my buddy at the track. I beat him by one car but now he is running a 75 shot. :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It will only make a difference if you tune for it. All that increasing octane does is allow you to run more timing with out detonation. That and the ricer placebo effect that some people get when they think that it is making their car faster. The best case is that it cleans your injectors and combustion chamber and frees up a bit of power. But I am going to wager against that.

-Jeff

C.K.

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
It will only make a difference if you tune for it. All that increasing octane does is allow you to run more timing with out detonation. That and the ricer placebo effect that some people get when they think that it is making their car faster. The best case is that it cleans your injectors and combustion chamber and frees up a bit of power. But I am going to wager against that.

-Jeff

What he said. Well put.

Jumpstreet

Established Member
mendozacobra said:
Is there a octane booster or any other fuel additive that will make a small difference in a run. Im going to need a little boost to get me the win on the next time I race my buddy at the track. I beat him by one car but now he is running a 75 shot. :shrug:

The Octane Booster only helps ensure you do not detonate..

Users who are viewing this thread