exterior quality

ihatepotholes

Established Member
so i decided to wash my car today. when i got to the rear fender i noticed where the quarter panel and rear bumper meets there is a slight misalignment of a quarter of an inch. it's same on both sides of the rear bumper... does anyone else have this problem? i bought the car with 16 miles off of a showroom floor, i doubt it was ever hit. i am very OCD about my car, is it normal with a Ford? i've never seen anything like this on any of my cars. i wish could post pics, but i guess im still too new here :nonono:

barstoolman

Established Member
Ford is famous, or should I say infamous, for this. When I purchased my '08 Shelby GT500, I had the dealer take it to their body shop and align it properly. My Boss 302 was perfect (was actually quite surprised) however my son's 2011 5.0 GT needed to be aligned as well.

Just take it into the dealer.........its a warranty situation........shouldn't be a problem (at least its never been for me).

Good luck :beer:

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Ford is famous, or should I say infamous, for this. When I purchased my '08 Shelby GT500, I had the dealer take it to their body shop and align it properly. My Boss 302 was perfect (was actually quite surprised) however my son's 2011 5.0 GT needed to be aligned as well.

Just take it into the dealer.........its a warranty situation........shouldn't be a problem (at least its never been for me).

Good luck :beer:

Just made the appointment for them to take a look at it. I have a feeling they will try to get out of it by saying that's how they are made. For a 40k+ vehicle you'd think they put a little more attention to details. If the dealership won't take care of me, I'll just go to a reputable bodyshop and have em sort it out for me.

I was worried that the car was hit or in a wreck, then I saw a lot of mustangs also have this issue. I can sleep tonight.

Thanks man:beer:

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Meh, it's a $40k car with the same body as a ~$22k car.

yea, you got a point there. however, 18k corolla, civic don't have that kinda the problems.

i guess im just being ocd. my bodyshop guy told me not to mess with it, his 10 gt500 is exactly the same :shrug:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
No excuse for that in this day and age of stiff competition, no matter the price. Simply lazy assembly and inspection before it went out the door.

Get it fixed for free

nycarpenter

Established Member
Just made the appointment for them to take a look at it. I have a feeling they will try to get out of it by saying that's how they are made. For a 40k+ vehicle you'd think they put a little more attention to details. If the dealership won't take care of me, I'll just go to a reputable bodyshop and have em sort it out for me.

I was worried that the car was hit or in a wreck, then I saw a lot of mustangs also have this issue. I can sleep tonight.

Well my 04 Cobra looked like Stevie Wonder installed the rear bumper and Ray Charles took a crack at the tail lights :)

chuckstang

Established Member
leave it a lone.

Despite what you think, even though its not perfect, you certainly wont get it any better trying to fix it unless there is truley something off but 1/4" is just par for the course at least on a Ford.

Remember, any time you take your car you are so OCD over to get something fixed, there is a good chance more damage could be done. I used to be OCD when I had my GT500, I have learned not to be now. Just drive it and enjoy it.

Unrealford

Established Member
leave it a lone.

Despite what you think, even though its not perfect, you certainly wont get it any better trying to fix it unless there is truley something off but 1/4" is just par for the course at least on a Ford.

Remember, any time you take your car you are so OCD over to get something fixed, there is a good chance more damage could be done. I used to be OCD when I had my GT500, I have learned not to be now. Just drive it and enjoy it.

I agree, sometimes (Usually Most ) It will not be much better and something might get worse in the result.

barstoolman

Established Member

Like I told you in my original post, the body shop at my dealer took care of the problem on my '08 Shelby GT500......they removed and reattached.......it was perfect afterwards......same with my son's '11 GT. My Boss was fine so no need there.

It can be corrected with a little effort..........no need to pay!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread