Exterior cosmetic differences between a 1999 Cobra and a 2003/2004 Cobra

pbeechner

Established Member
Yep, our cars say SVT Cobra on the trunk lid and obviously Mustang on the rear bumper. Also, the '99 taillights are unique with separate amber signals that look awesome IMHO. The hood is different and looks better. Mirrors are color matched to the body and the side skirts are flat and flush to the body. Rear spoiler is different and they came stock with wider wheels. I think between all the posts, we have everything..... Oh and there are a ton of interior differences as well.

The Mongoose

Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm trading my WS6 for a 1999 Cobra that has the 04 Terminator engine, tranny, ECU and front bumper. It's got a Novi 2000 and Crower stage 2 cams. It's extremely bad ass. The rear bumper on this one says "Cobra", so I'm guessing it's from a 2001 Cobra; I know it's not a Terminator rear bumper. I will eventually buy a FiberTrends 4 inch cowl hood for her, but will likely leave the rear bumper alone, as I think it looks great. I also plan on getting the TMI 03/04 Cobra seats. I know if it's a 98 or earlier, you have to buy the seat foam too, but I don't think you have to if it's a 99.

pbeechner

Established Member
Damn looks like you're getting a damn good deal. Good job looks real clean. Yeah thats the stock spoiler and taillights, '01 rear bumper, and 03/04 front bumper with chin spoiler.

The Mongoose

Established Member
Damn looks like you're getting a damn good deal. Good job looks real clean. Yeah thats the stock spoiler and taillights, '01 rear bumper, and 03/04 front bumper with chin spoiler.

Thanks pbeechner. The build (motor, blower, tranny) have 22k on it. I'm throwing in some cash on top of the trade, but I think I'm getting a good deal. Can't wait to own her. The Cobra is extremely clean and well taken care of, just like my WS6. It's also got BBK long tube headers, MAC 3 inch x-pipe, 3 inch in/out mufflers and extensions to carry the exhaust out to the rear bumper. I love the exhaust note, especially with the stage 2 cams. I think a FiberTrends 4 inch cowl hood will really set it off. I'll probably also try to trade the wheels for a set of Saleen's.

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm trading my WS6 for a 1999 Cobra that has the 04 Terminator engine, tranny, ECU and front bumper. It's got a Novi 2000 and Crower stage 2 cams. It's extremely bad ass. The rear bumper on this one says "Cobra", so I'm guessing it's from a 2001 Cobra; I know it's not a Terminator rear bumper. I will eventually buy a FiberTrends 4 inch cowl hood for her, but will likely leave the rear bumper alone, as I think it looks great. I also plan on getting the TMI 03/04 Cobra seats. I know if it's a 98 or earlier, you have to buy the seat foam too, but I don't think you have to if it's a 99.

Your gonna need new foam, but i dont know if your drivers seat track will work because 03 cobra driver seats have lumbar, and the side bolsters have the ability to move in closer to you. There is a switch on the side of the seat for this option that the 99 cobra seats do not have. So you probably have to get seat skins for 2 passenger seats maybe, as the drivers seat skin will have a cut out for that control panel.

The Mongoose

Established Member
Your gonna need new foam, but i dont know if your drivers seat track will work because 03 cobra driver seats have lumbar, and the side bolsters have the ability to move in closer to you. There is a switch on the side of the seat for this option that the 99 cobra seats do not have. So you probably have to get seat skins for 2 passenger seats maybe, as the drivers seat skin will have a cut out for that control panel.

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone make Terminator seat skins specificly for the 99 Cobra?

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone make Terminator seat skins specificly for the 99 Cobra?

Not that i have found. I recently just bought a used set of 03 cobra seats for my car. i was gonna do what you were thinking, then i looked into it a little more and found that it wouldn't work. so i did that instead. look up midwaymustangparts on eBay or hit up sonicsaleen (same guy) on here. Thats wear i got mine from. He may have something for you for around $1000-$1200 bucks for a full set with brackets and all.

pbeechner

Established Member
I would just get rid of the '99 seats they are really awful. You could find a pair of 03/04 seats for 1k-1200 like stated above, or you could get a nice pair of Corbeaus for 700-800.....

Users who are viewing this thread