Extended studs for afs 18x10.5 on hr race?

MisterChrome

Established Member
Do you need extended studs for afs 18x10.5 wheels on h&r race springs? No spacers. I just test fitted and the studs look kind of short. Again, no spacers. I'm starting to think they may not be afs if the offset is wrong but what other wheel can they be? Please help

KLLR SNK

Established Member
The wheels themselves should fit without rubbing on the inside wheel well or rear IRS mounting bolts. The size of rear tire you mount on your 10.5" wheel is where the problems can come into play. Put the wheel on then count how many threads/turns it takes to torque the lug nuts to spec, 6 threads absolute minimum. Your stock studs should easily handle a 1/8" or 1/4" spacer but a 3/8" spacer generally requires the extended lug nuts so you get enough thread contact. Over 3/8" spacer you will need longer studs (Moroso or ARP) or wheel adapters depending on what you are trying to achieve. Always try to use hubcentric spacers. If you are racing your car, use longer studs and open end lugs for more thread contact and piece of mind. Naturally these cars do vary so you might have a slightly different outcome.

lilmarauder

Established Member
the afs wheel has a deeper mounting hub (the lug nut sits very deep in the wheel) but it is still grabbing plenty of thread especially if your not using a spacer. I just put my afs reps on my stock studs and had at least 8 turns out of the lugs. I am not using any spacers either.

Last edited:

MisterChrome

Established Member
Thanks guys. The fit was well and I definitely got a good amount of turns. It just looks really deep but it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread