exporting/importing within Livelink

draxxus131

Established Member
How in the heck do you know if you exported a config file from Livelink to your SCT properly. Everytime I check my SCT device under datalog parameters it keeps showing the usual 15 settings to choose from, but it is never my imported datalog config file. I just want to be able to datalog without using a damn laptop in the car!
If your interested in knowing it is because I'm trying to datalog for Shaun at AED. Or am I doing something wrong here. When I do go to access the datalog screen on my handheld it prompts if I would like to change my datalog settings press Yes/No. Is this the area in which I should not hit yes?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I hear the amount of parameters those can datalog at once are limited. Are you maybe trying log too many PIDs?

draxxus131

Established Member
Ok so i got the datalog to work straight form the SCT device.... apparently though for some reason I cannot do two separate logs during a single outing on the road.

This is basically how it went: Did the standard part throttle log from 1100-5000rpm, finished pulled over let the car sit for a few minutes then I ended the 1st datalog.
Did the WOT datalog form 2000-7000rpm, finished and then once again ended the datalog by simply hitting cancel on the SCT SF3 device.

I come home to upload it onto the laptop, and behold for some odd reason only ONE datalog shows up on livelink when I went to Import data. I have no idea why it is doing this, I was under the impression the SCT handheld can save up to 1 hour of data, I have no idea if that means continuous data or NOT. But please do let me know, if there is a different way to datalog on the road please fill me in on any prioritizing and techniques I should know!??

Also forgot to mention that nothing on the graph is showing up but a skinny red X stretching across the graph, but all the numbers show up. It also gave me an error when importing the datalog file into Livelink, even though all the values show up in the lower boxes for a/f, throttle, etc.

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
Ok so now as of last night, I have found that the datalog straight from the device itself does not want to show a graph what so ever, it only shows the value of integers. After battling with the laptop all last night, I come to find out my beautiful datalog pulls for shaun@aed did not go through fully after all was said and done. Basically the SPARK PID somehow did not validate, I don't understand why it did not validate.

Could someone point me in the right direction to get tech help with validation of PIDS and running the correct packet modes?

Users who are viewing this thread