Export Fender Flares

95PGTTech

Established Member
107 + shipping Paypal.
100 picked up, CASH ONLY (Central NJ).

Rio Red, rears have been slightly cut to clear 315s.
These are the actual Ford flares, not aftermarket pieces. They mount using the stock locations in the wheel well arches. Direct bolt on for a Rio car, repaint and go otherwise.

4ED719CB-E3D3-449D-9876-E030A97FE1CF.gif

2AEFCBD0-AD97-433A-8EF8-7E87798209DE.gif

A55E645A-2B17-4E3C-B01B-11C02EAD271B.gif

95PGTTech

Established Member
What do they look like on the car ?

I didn't take any pics before removal (wrecked parts car)

I have about 5 zip codes in here or via PM requesting shipping quotes. I need to send something out UPS Monday morning so I loaded them in the car I'll get exact pricing for you guys after my 9am class

Thanks
Chris

95PGTTech

Established Member
Anyone can help on shipping suggestions? UPS is quoting me $68 with the online calculator, USPS $57.55, and FedEx $52.34

Boxed is 36x13x13 weighs less than my scale can measure (2LB). I put in 5LB to be sure but billable weight comes to 37LBS on most of these so that's no concern. Am I doing something wrong this seems stupid high? Know of any other way I can wrap/box other than the standard cardboard rectangle?

deeplist

Established Member
UPS/Fed-Ex is going to cost too much for something this light. Ship them via USPS Priority mail.

Using an oversize box is going to kill you. Keep the length as minimal as possible. Cut it down if you have to.
Keep the height and width at 12 inches or less.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
UPS/Fed-Ex is going to cost too much for something this light. Ship them via USPS Priority mail.

Using an oversize box is going to kill you. Keep the length as minimal as possible. Cut it down if you have to.
Keep the height and width at 12 inches or less.

Thanks for the tips. I can probably cut the height and width down to get far under that (they always measure long :dw:) but there is no possible way to get the length (longest dimension) down.

I have seen some people just wrap something in bubble wrap (like a driveshaft) and just slap a sticker on it and accept the consequences. Is there any procedure involving this?

deeplist

Established Member
^ You might get dinged for have a non-rectangular box if you do that. I'd just find a box that best fits with the smallest dimensions possible and send them USPS Priority, or Parcel Select, whichever is cheaper based on the distance being traveled. Either way, USPS is the way to go with these. UPS and FedEx are both going to be overpriced. Good luck.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Holy crap - just playing around with UPS calculator since it's easiest to edit, if I take off signature required and change dimensions from 37x13x13 to 35x11x4 (trying to get under those "magic" 36x12x12 numbers that seem to be some sort of threshold), it goes down to $20.17.

I'll try and get that box cut down to see if I can actually pull off those dimensions in real life on Tuesday and report back. If I can I'll just say UPS ground insured for $99 with tracking number 125 paypal anywhere in the 48 states (98faux I know you have been patient I'll keep you posted)

Users who are viewing this thread