experienced the 03 cobra today

jtb

Established Member
Drove by the Ford dealer today and couldn't resist. The salesman and I hit the streets in a blue 03 Cobra shortly after. I got to feel first and second gear out pretty well but didn't WOT the car due to low mileage (51 miles)/ respect for the future owner. Wow, I got to redline pretty quickly and only wished I knew someone in the area with a Cobra so I could experience 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopefully I will bump into one on the street and see it full force. Trust me, I am not trying to boast a possible kill. I know where I stand on the food chain. I just raced a 95 six speed 'Vette, not from a dig, but from about 10 to 85 mph and we were even. So I maybe could get a 13.7 e.t. on a good run. But I don't care if I get taken by American rear-wheel horsepower. I have an appreciation for many cars, not just 'Vettes. Well anyways, I have an even deeper appreciation for 03 Cobras. Keep the shiny side up.:coolman:

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
SVT done good, there's no disputing that. Welcome to the board jtb. I need to test-drive me an 03 cobra. 01 Lightning .. check.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by jtb
Drove by the Ford dealer today and couldn't resist. The salesman and I hit the streets in a blue 03 Cobra shortly after. I got to feel first and second gear out pretty well but didn't WOT the car due to low mileage (51 miles)/ respect for the future owner. Wow, I got to redline pretty quickly and only wished I knew someone in the area with a Cobra so I could experience 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopefully I will bump into one on the street and see it full force. Trust me, I am not trying to boast a possible kill. I know where I stand on the food chain. I just raced a 95 six speed 'Vette, not from a dig, but from about 10 to 85 mph and we were even. So I maybe could get a 13.7 e.t. on a good run. But I don't care if I get taken by American rear-wheel horsepower. I have an appreciation for many cars, not just 'Vettes. Well anyways, I have an even deeper appreciation for 03 Cobras. Keep the shiny side up.:coolman:

Awsome story :thumbsup: Glad to here you enjoyed yourself.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by FlatZ28
01 Lightning .. check.

Thats what I need to test drive... A lightning. I assume by "check" you meant you've driven one... From somebody who doesnt own ones point of view, what did you think?

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Thats what I need to test drive... A lightning. I assume by "check" you meant you've driven one... From somebody who doesnt own ones point of view, what did you think?
Yes, your assumption is correct, it was a friend's and to describe it briefly ... it was totally freakin sweet... If I had the cash and the need for a truck tomorrow, I'd pickup an L.

Edit: The only problem I found was that I was sort of crammed in there ... I'm 6'4" and I practically made vertical motions with my legs to push the gas and break .. The seats might have been able to adjust back further though, I'm not sure, becauase he's got 2 12" subs, one behind each seat ... Could be it's just something to get used to... Driving in a recliner every day makes it feel a tad different. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread