Experience with Owl Shit

2014GT

Established Member
Having an issue with what I believe is owl shit. It's roughly golf ball sized and filled with awful looking junk and is super greasy and gross. It leaves this nasty bacon grease film that I'm not able to remove. Seem like nothing cuts through it. I've abandoned parking outside because of it, but I've still got this film on most parts of my car. I've tried dawn and various cleaners that are "safe for paint", even alcohol.

If I scrub with a dry microfiber it'll come off, but mares the paint pretty well. Any ideas? I'm seeing my only option as just dry buffing this crap off and polishing the areas back out.

oldmodman

Established Member
Dude must have been eating fat mice.

Have you tried a grease cutting cleaner? Like Dawn dishwashing soap. And if that doesn't work I have had good luck with turpentine for sap removal. I know that Owl crap isn't sap but turpentine is pretty strong and didn't hurt my paint.

2014GT

Established Member
I tried dawn,straight alcohol, and some old all-purpose cleaner/degreaser. I'm going to soak a rag in alcohol and let it sit on the spots then rub whatever it takes this weekend. Need to install my stripes so it's gotta be done. If I end up marring the paint I'll just do a quick compound of the area to fix it back up. If I happen to go to Lowes I'll grab some turpentine, I need some around anyways.

Also, I've got an old claybar I found I was using on wheels. It's decent. I'll give it a shot.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
775.jpg

Adower

Established Member
If it is leaving a film try a APC and micro fiber. If that doesnt work Id try a medium clay bar.

Users who are viewing this thread