Experience with Coccia Ford?

Cobra835

Established Member
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Coccia Ford, the SVT dealer in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. My 03 came from them originally, but I have not been back yet for any service or repairs. Just curious if anyone has had any good/bad experience with them. Thanks for your replies.

odie3283

Established Member
I'm getting my Cobra from there...it's the red 10th anniversary coupe on the lot now...

They have been working with me regarding my 02 RSX that is now at motorworld (will be trading it for the cobra) so far my experiece with Coccia has been really good. They will be making all the repairs on the RSX (new engine and body work) and even reported the Cobra sold so that i could retain that 2500$ rebate that ended 9/4

very cooperative...much better than the dealers up my way

mr-mstng

Established Member
I've had some dealings with them. They gave me a hard time about my wife's car when I took it in for some warranty work. I called the GM, and he said its not covered under warranty (A piece of trim that popped loose). He was more concerned as to why we didn't buy it there. So, I called Ford, and they called Coccia. It was fixed in the end, but I won't go back to them.

All the Ford dealers in the area are sub-par in my book. too much attitude. :loser:

cobrabruce

Established Member
They gave me lip service for "the vibe" in my '99 (Purchased at Coccia's) until Ford came out with a TSB for it. They eventually put a"kit" in it which vibrated just as much as the original rear and driveshaft. I crawled under the car and noticed the index marks for the driveshaft and rear were not lined up. Same thing for the yoke and tranny. I lined it up myself and no more vibration problems. The rear in my '03 whines a lot. When the service "advisor" found out I had bought it elsewhere (Bergey Ford, 2 hour drive) he asked why I don't take it there and basically said they refused to look at it unless Ford comes out with a TSB for that. He also said it was normal for a rear to whine. I got talking with one of their SVT sales reps (Joseph Berretta, great guy. Too bad he has to work with a service dept that sucks) who went for a ride with me and agreed the rear was too noisy and got their SVT mechanic to listen to it who also agreed it was too noisy. An appointment was made and I asked for a loaner car. The service "advisor" said I don't get one because I did not buy the car there. Mr. Berretta said that was B.S. and I would have a loaner... Anyway, end result is they said the pinion was not properly torqued down and now the rear would not whine. Well, it does whine. It's a different pitch now but it whines none the less. Mr. Berretta said to see him first if I had any more problems so Tuesday (They worked on the car Wednesday) I'm going to get him to go for another ride and see what happens. I guess what I'm saying here is their service dept. sucks hind end. :xpl:

mr-mstng

Established Member
I agree, The sales guys are alright. Mr. Berretta is nice, I've talked to him before, and he's been there a while. I spoke with Dave T. when looking at the Mach, and he ended up trading his SVO in on it. Nice guy that knows mustangs. The service manager does have an attitude though. My wife and I have two 2003 Fords now, and they lost both sales because of attitudes and price.

Cobra835

Established Member
thanks for your input. I recently moved to the area and had no real dealings with any of the dealers there, so this helps me gauge what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread