Expedition Great White on National Geographic Channel

Gooch03

Established Member
Anyone else watch it last night? I'm very much into sharks, especially the Great White. It's incredible the size of the hooks they are using to catch them and the fact that the shark's snapped a few of them blew my mind. It's very educational and once they get the shark out of the water on that platform it made me realize how massive they really are. You can get the episodes on iTunes if you want to see them.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I was watching it, very cool show. I could not believe they snapped those hooks they used.

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
There was a show that aired just before that (may have been on another channel) about the orca that killed the great white. They said after the kill, the great whites immediately fled the area for miles around and stayed away for months.

Gooch03

Established Member
Yeah Orca's are some bad mofo's. It would take a pretty big great white to tangle with a full sized Orca. Deadliest Warrior should do an episode on that.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I had my dvr set to record this but it shit out on me 2 days ago and i forgot to set it up on my new one.

hope its on again.

Jefe

Established Member
I was glued to the TV watching both shows last night. Those hooks were huge! But those Sharks they had on the line had to be over 15 feet. Cool that Paul Walker was helping/putting his life in danger. Couldn't believe those idiots on the boats that came over to watch. Get the hell out of the way!!

Whats bad is now everyone with a set of balls is gonna go out and try wrangle some great whites now. These guys made it look simple but when you think about it....it really was. All you had to do was tire the beat out and you could pull him wherever you wanted. I think each shark only lasted an hour fighting against the buoys
There was a show that aired just before that (may have been on another channel) about the orca that killed the great white. They said after the kill, the great whites immediately fled the area for miles around and stayed away for months.
That was also cool. They explained the differences between the groups of Orcas off our coast and how each family had tricks to kill prey. Interesting watching them eat sting rays but the coolest part was how it hit the shark and then turned it over to eat it

Users who are viewing this thread