Exhibtion of speed help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
So tonight it was raining and a was turing right onto a public 3 lane road and got sideways and went on my way. like 5 seconds after a cop pulls up behind me and pulls me over. He says he coulda impounded my shit, and then goes on to tell me to pop my hood and starts asking me what i have done and see's that i have a nitrous kit. He pops my trunk and no bottle. Anyways he sited me for

1. Loud exhaust-hence the O/R pipe and magnapacks
2. Maintain Lighting equip- brake light supposedly out
3. Exhibition of speed- the little drift V.C 23109 (C)

So could i fight it and say the road was wet and i was trying to get in front of traffic and accidently got sideways or what. help me out...

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
No, you are supposed to be in control of your vehicle at all times. Even if it was an accident and the tail got out on you, you could still be cited.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
what if i plead not guilty to exhibition of speed, and plead guilty to unsafe start?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
What are the chances the prosecutor is going to offer that? It wouldn't make sense to me, since in order for it to be an unsafe start, you'd have to screw up going from a stop, rather than screwing up in the middle of a turn.

But that's my opinion on it. I'm not an LEO, but I'm sure one will chime in at least tomorrow if not tonight.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Well i was turning right at a stop light. i was fully stopped. i started to right left in first and since the fact i have somewhat slick tires for wet weather i got a little sideways and was stupid and said oh well hey lets push on the gas a little more and then i got really sideways but i was still in control. In no way shape or form was i in a vehicular speed contest with someone else. I know i can get the lights and exhaust singed off, but i cannot afford another ticket since i already have 2 speeding and one exhaust from my Eagle talon i used to own.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
If you can't afford anymore tickets, why did you say "Oh well let's push the gas a little more"?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Hey me too!

Anyways, we got off topic. I suggest meeting up with the DA and discussing the possibility of pleaing down...

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Well what i might do is talk to my Gf's dad who is a sheriff, he was a Sr. dep, but now hes on Gang Unit so im hoping he might give me some insight without telling me i told you no to be a dumbass. Anyways how would i go about meeting with the DA. I looked at my violation on the CA DMV webiste and it say the following
(c) A person shall not engage in ( )1 a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on a highway, and ( )2 a person shall not aid or abet in a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on any highway.

There was no other cars, and no pedestrians around. Anyways since the officer did not write down the raod conditions, do you think it would be wise to print it out off the internet to provide evidence later?

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
I know i was being stupid, but eveyone screws up. I just F***ed big time! Anyone know about how much it might be.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Yup, and i owe you a thanks for helping me. So what happens when i meet with the DA, is it just me and him or what? Should i prepare anything.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Anyone else have any experience with these tickets. I have no problem paying for my actions. But in now way was i involved in a speed contest with 1 or more vehicles. I was by myself getting a little sideways while driving on a very slipery road, which i mean it was slippery. First real rain all year. I would hope i could plead guilty to like unsafe turn or unsafe start or something simular that isnt so harsh. I mean i wasnt bouncin off the revs and smoking my tires and had my steering locked out or anything.

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Anyone else have any experience with these tickets. I have no problem paying for my actions. But in now way was i involved in a speed contest with 1 or more vehicles. I was by myself getting a little sideways while driving on a very slipery road, which i mean it was slippery. First real rain all year. I would hope i could plead guilty to like unsafe turn or unsafe start or something simular that isnt so harsh. I mean i wasnt bouncin off the revs and smoking my tires and had my steering locked out or anything.

Dress nice, hopefully you have a good record, go talk to the DA, most stuff you hear from us are speculations since nobody knows much other than Adam and are not from your state. Good luck, maybe the DA works out a deal with you.:thumbsup:

NEXT TIME put "LEO's only" on your thread if you want less guessing.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Well i have a ticket from 2005 and a recent signals required violation while speeding 16 over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread