Exhibition of Speed

powerwhee

Established Member
Thanks for all your help. My plan now is to go to the initial trial where I plead not guilty and hopefully get some sort of bargain to get it down to an infraction. Which still sucks considering I didn't do anything but better than paying a lawyer. Hopefully my clean record will help with that.

If that doesn't happen and I have to go to trial I will get a lawyer To go

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Thanks for all your help. My plan now is to go to the initial trial where I plead not guilty and hopefully get some sort of bargain to get it down to an infraction. Which still sucks considering I didn't do anything but better than paying a lawyer. Hopefully my clean record will help with that.

If that doesn't happen and I have to go to trial I will get a lawyer To go

The way it usually works (at least in the Federal courts) is a plea deal is offered only if you agree to plead guilty.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Do you believe you have a good shot of getting this ticket dismissed? I say no.

I once got a reckless driving ticket for fishtailing (slightly) through a turn. I lawyered up. He asked me "was the road wet? any gravel in the road?". I answered honestly "no, the road was perfect." and he told me that if I don't help him defend me he won't be able to do it.

I'm not suggesting you lie. However, if there were gravel or something in the road... this would explain losing traction. If you can't win by being "innocent", then you can win by rationalizing your guilt.

Here's a hint: The officer is always right in a court room. He's an expert witness and his badge speaks to his character in the eyes of the judge. You're going to lose without the ability to rationalize and ask for leniency, or a lawyer who will do it for you.

Edited to add: Plead guilty and ask for leniency.

Last edited:

powerwhee

Established Member
I just can't see myself pleading guilty for something I didn't do. I don't know my initial court date is tomorrow at 8:30 am. I'm starting to get angry I have to deal with this when I did no crime. If they want me to go to criminal court with this and stand in front of a jury so be it. I don't want this on my record when I didn't do anything wrong and was traveling the speed limit minding my own business.

The max fine is 1000 dollars which is less than the price of any lawyer Willing to take my case. Most lawyers either want 2k plus for the whole case or 500 dollars per court visit.

This is the ticket. I don't understand how I could be going the speed limit and burning rubber in an automatic v6 mustang. I also don't get why he didn't pull over this so called Benz.
59ea6159fb630eec0421fb363dd914e5.jpg

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
you can chirp the tires. if youre seriously a law student, and dont want this on your record, i highly suggest you spend the money now and have them fight for you or else they are going to make a fool out of you in court. your V6 has more than enough power to spin the tires. and if thats your defense, youre ****ed. You havent taken the advise of anyone in this thread, so why make the post if you know what youre doing? nobody here said it would be a good idea to represent yourself on this. lol

powerwhee

Established Member
Well after going to the trial and talking to the judge I got the charge dropped to a speeding ticket. So I took it and had to pay 238 dollars but at least that's less than paying a lawyer.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Congratulations :thumbsup:

That is a fair compromise. You got a nearly clean record and they got what they wanted in the first place. A little cash.

305oh

Established Member
Do traffic school to get the points removed if you haven't already, as it will affect your insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread