exhaust???

My94GT

Established Member
my boss is looking to put exhaust on his gt. anyone point me in the way of what sounds the best??? i know im personally an advid fan of bassani and i had him put that on his gt500 and he liked it but i cant seem to find any info as to if they make it or not for the GT. so any info on that or just any other exhaust info would be great

thanks
Eric

jcthorne

Established Member
Do not believe Manaflow makes a exhaust for a GT.

Bassani made the Ford Racing muffler kit for the GT but its no longer available. There are a few old stock units around if you do some digging.

Stillen makes a nice muffler delete that is already jethot coated and has a spring bar mount. Heffner and others make nice muffler delete kits too but are more expensive once you add the cost of the coating.

Stainless Works makes a nice full exhaust system from headers to tips, with or without cats. Its a bit much on the street though. IE ITS LOUD!. Sounds great though.

I likely will go with the Stillen on mine in the next few months. I think all the muffler delete systems are over priced for what they are, but the economies of scale do not apply to GT parts.

jcthorne

Established Member
Borla, not Bassini, makes the Ford Racing muffler for the GT and it is still available. It is in the 2012 Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog, page 155. Both sets of headers for the GT that were available from FRPP have been discontinued.

2012 Ford Racing Performance Parts Catalog Ford Racing

You are correct, it was Borla. My memory.....

Bassani never made anything for the GT that I know of.

Looks like my GT will have a Heffner muffler delete on it as the previous owner already had it installed. Most of the muffler delete pipes sound very similar and the Heffner is a top quality part so likely will keep it.

Sinovac

Established Member
The Heffner exhaust sounds awesome. I have the FRPP, and while it sounds good, it is much more subdued than the Heffner.

Redzone

Established Member
We got the exhaust & headers from the Ford catalog. There's a video on Youtube of it on the dyno....I tried to link it without success.

Just search "800 HP Ford GT" it's the first one that comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread