Exhaust

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
:idea: I love the sound of the newer cobras....could you make the L sound this way? Is it not just the magnaflow mufflers with the tips on them? Can you buy those and just get some pipe bent to fit in on our trucks? Some one let me know? Would our trucks even sound like them?

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
most likely not because they have modular motors and we have pushrod motors. i dont know much about it and im sure someone else will elaborate. but im pretty that it wouldn't sound the same.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
pushrods sound better than mods anyway... what i used to have before the long tube set-up were JBA headers, off-road X-pipe, and flowmasters. it sounded friggen badass.
JD

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
If you can find a way to lift the valve covers off and throw the cams over the head than no. Modulars are a totally different engine.

scootro

Established Member
terrible one said:
JBA headers, off-road X-pipe, and flowmasters. it sounded friggen badass.
JD
that's my set up! and my flowmasters have dumps on them... sounds really good....

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
ya i miss that set-up, was cheap and loud! but those shorties held me back so i went to long tubes / high flow cats...
JD

scootro

Established Member
terrible one said:
ya i miss that set-up, was cheap and loud! but those shorties held me back so i went to long tubes / high flow cats...
JD
ya its a nice set up.. i would've liked to go a different route, but i blew too much money on my 93' cobra's set up...

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
Ahhh...I didn't know that haha....what kind of finish would you guys choose? what sounds better? I assume the pipe can come from an exhaust shop...I've got the flows...and does anyone have a sound clip of the setup?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread