Exhaust

Terminator Dave

Established Member
I have an 04 Termi. The trans including bell housing, motor mounts, and all the exhaust is off. How difficult is it to install the factory exhaust, or short tube headers, in this condition? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is the K member out as well? That's probably the biggest piece that gets in the way if headers. From what I've seen/heard shorties aren't worth the hassle or cost. Stick with stock or go with at least a mid length.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Terminator Dave

Established Member
No. It's stock K member, on a convertible, which I think is more substantial than the coupe. The shorties are JBA. I have long tubes, Kooks, but I have to make sure I have all the tubes. I'm guessing the long tubes will be more difficult. I don't have the ability to climb all over the car at this time, and just want to get it back on the road. It's been sitting way too long.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the stock manifolds are still on and you have no immediate plans to drop the K member I'd leave them in place. Not worth the headache IMO. I ran Bassani mids on my 01 and that was only because the engine was out.

Terminator Dave

Established Member
The stock manifolds are off as well. Everything is off except the K Member. I guess I'll just have to raise the engine off the strut towers and see what slips in. Thank for all your input slo984...

Were you on SoCal Terminators.com?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can't say that I was. There was a Facebook page that I was told about when I picked up my 04. But I'm not on Facebook and the guy that set it up cold shouldered me when he found out I drove an 01 at the time. Nevermind my 01 would've walked his 03 pretty bad.

Terminator Dave

Established Member
I see. I never really fit in with them anyway. They were such a tight lipped group. You don't think, it do think you could have kept up with him! Not to cut this short here, but are we supposed to take conversations elsewhere. Don't want to break any rules!

Users who are viewing this thread