Exhaust

ldylkegt07

Established Member
Haven't been on here in years and have gone through a few rides since then. Looking for exhaust recommendations for a 2011 Shelby GT500. Partial to Bassani (what I had previously on my '07) but keep getting mixed reviews. Loud and obnoxious is what I'm after... my neighbors already hate me.

Let's hear it boys.

-Amanda

TXRickC

Established Member
I'm awaiting a back ordered Lethal Off Road H-Pipe for my '12. Been reading it's a nice matchup with the stock '11-'14 axle back.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Nothing sounds better on an '11 with otherwise stock exhaust than Borla-S!

sedanman

Established Member
My dads coyote briefly had long tubes, off road xpipe, no resonators and flowmaster outlaws it was the loudest exhaust setup I have heard on a S197 car.

nxhappy

Established Member
whatever you do, don't get a H pipe WITH chamber-less axlebacks.....it produces a sound louder than nascar LOL..

vipboy28

Established Member
I dont want to hi-jack this thread but what would you all recommend if i have a weekend only car sometime track (twice a year) for catback... I was thinking x pipe Bassani 3". Any suggestions, I mean i dont want it to be CRAZY Loud but def louder than stock ^_^

ldylkegt07

Established Member
whatever you do, don't get a H pipe WITH chamber-less axlebacks.....it produces a sound louder than nascar LOL..

That's what I am looking for! Haha. Nothing like having your street car sound like your stock car. Thanks!

ldylkegt07

Established Member
Thanks guys. Running with a group right now out in Katy. Trying to replicate what I had on my S/C '07 GT and unleash the 500... it drags right now. Mods on the way. Stay tuned!

SirShaun

Established Member
Im tempted to go with an Off Road X paired with the current Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Back. I am afraid it will sound like Dooky tho.

I ended up switching out my X for an H on my 2006 Mustang paired with FRPP Stinger Axle Backs due to how raspy and the lack of tone it had. The car sounded the same from 1500-3000 and then the tone changed. I like being able to hear the revs change while I am putting around.

Do the 5.4L motors still get as raspy and lose tone with a X?

whiplash920

Established Member
doing this now myself...going with kooks l/ts, hi-flo cats, x-pipe, borla atak cat back.....3"system. best performance and sound combo ive found.

TheSpungos

Established Member
Nothing sounds better on an '11 with otherwise stock exhaust than Borla-S!

Did you have the Borla's on your car pre-whipple? I'm pretty sure I watched some YouTube clips of your car while searching for sound clips of the S-types and wondering what if any difference the bigger blower made to sound quality/ noise level?

DaFreak

Established Member
My setup is very different. Factory manifolds, StainlessWorks O/R X, Roush extreme over axle pipes (with resonators) and Borla touring mufflers. Awesome sound overall and loud when you pound!

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
Another good option for a good loud is the 3" magnaflow comp series. I run long tubes and 3" offroad x with this system and it's nice.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
An o/r x pipe on an otherwise stock exhaust will wake the dead at wot. That was my setup for years and I loved it other than a little popping sound on decel. Now I run a o/r h as many on here love but it's much quieter and I honestly miss the x. No reason to mess with that axle backs at all unless your completely opposed to doing an o/r mid pipe. They add power and sound where as the axle backs just add sound. If I do long tubes I'm sticking with the h, can't even imagine how loud that would be with an x pipe and I like my car noisy too.

Users who are viewing this thread