Exhaust who is doing what

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
A lot of people talk about x-pipes and h-pipes but what's everyone doing about exhaust or mufflers I have you tube around and like corsa and the mangaflow comp series I would like feed back anyone heard something they think sounds killer in person

king Abdull

Established Member
My idea

Three inch off road H pipe all the way to the end meeting up with
Ford Racing axle-back :burn:
That's my idea of classic sounds ..:thumbsup:

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
I installed Borla S axle backs and decided to take them off and ship them back, I was happy with the sound but I didn't like the stagger of the pipes. I ordered Corsa axle backs with black tips as they are cut on the same angle as the OEM's. They should be here in about a week. I can let you know then how they sound.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Going on next week.

500x_pendejo_jag_fat_tires-1280px.jpg

SARCASM.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Checkout Stainless Works, they give you three different sound examples on their site, I've never used them on any of my cars before but the 13' is getting their full set up with headers. IMO they sound exactly what a 13' should sound like, good luck with your decision

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
Thanks for the video 7ONE7, they sound great!

Are they noticeably louder than our stock? And hows the fitment on them, do they look good on the car?

They are just a bit louder at idle, with a nice burble. Once you hit the right pedal, they are pretty loud! Inside however, not too bad at all, no drone whatsoever. The fitment is great, exactly like OEM.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The video on their site just sounds incredible, I haven't decided about the off road or w cats yet

Yea I bought them locally brand new in box for a killer deal, could not pass it up. I am gonna put them on towards the end of the year. Not sure if I am gonna swap the stock mufflers too. I will wait to see how it sounds. Although whenever FRPP releases the side exhaust kit for our cars, I will end up swapping that with the OR/X for a more custom setup and audible pleasing experience :pepper:

Fordfourlife

Established Member
I like the sound of those FRPP, but ford has a huge markup on them! Over a grand for 2 mufflers?

Bad Company

Established Member
anyone wanna take the plunge into corsa?
I have the Corsa 14321BLK on my car. They are actually quieter than the stock mufflers without any drone inside the car with the stock manifolds and cats while driving at cruise speeds. Under full throttle they have a slightly higher raspier tone, but are no louder and maybe slightly quieter inside the car than the stock mufflers. I'm getting ready to install ARH 1 7/8" headers with off road X pipe shortly. I also got the Borla mid to over axle mandrel bent 2 7/5" pipe to go along with the header installation. I think with these parts it will regain the noise level it had with the stock mufflers, but should have no drone inside the car at cruise speeds. I'm still waiting on some parts yet, so it will be a few weeks before I can give you a better answer of the noise level of this combo.

RockStarKick

Established Member
I left the factory mufflers and added a 3'' OR-X and it sounds awesome.... It's a little loud when on the skinny pedal, but that's all that matters.. No drone, just a tad louder than stock when cruising...

shelbysvt

Established Member
I have the Corsa 14321BLK on my car. They are actually quieter than the stock mufflers without any drone inside the car with the stock manifolds and cats while driving at cruise speeds. Under full throttle they have a slightly higher raspier tone, but are no louder and maybe slightly quieter inside the car than the stock mufflers. I'm getting ready to install ARH 1 7/8" headers with off road X pipe shortly. I also got the Borla mid to over axle mandrel bent 2 7/5" pipe to go along with the header installation. I think with these parts it will regain the noise level it had with the stock mufflers, but should have no drone inside the car at cruise speeds. I'm still waiting on some parts yet, so it will be a few weeks before I can give you a better answer of the noise level of this combo.

Do you mind posting pics and vid before you change anything else? I've been waiting for a review of the corsa axle back with no other exhaust mods.

Users who are viewing this thread