Exhaust Top 3......

10thcoupe

Banned
trying to decide on exhaust im down to borla s type axle back, magnaflow catback,or bassani catback.....
will be sued with stock headers and cats. want a nice deep loud growl. no rasp

2013Boss302

Established Member
1) Bassani
2) Bassani
3) Bassani

i love my bassani exhaust. it is by far the best sounding exhaust for the GT. i have the first catback they made on my car. people that have the magnaflows and flowmasters love my exhause.

Last edited:

CGoeschel

Established Member
I ordered the Roush myself. Go to Roushperformance.com to hear the clips. Sounds pretty mean.

GM H8R

Just a GT
Established Member
I have the Flowmaster American Thunder axle backs and they sound awsome. Cheap too. $359.00 at Late Model Restoration.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
I have the Flowmaster American Thunder axle backs and they sound awsome. Cheap too. $359.00 at Late Model Restoration.

if they are like my flowmaster hushpower mufflers... they sound awesome under throttle, but have a nasty drone around 2k RPM when cruising. it is VERY obnoxious...

GM H8R

Just a GT
Established Member
if they are like my flowmaster hushpower mufflers... they sound awesome under throttle, but have a nasty drone around 2k RPM when cruising. it is VERY obnoxious...

They don't drone too bad. I have the undercoating on my car which really helps with exterior noise. Drone never really bothered me to much anyway in any of my previous vehicles, so I never really listened for it.

DIB5.0

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrr-6_S9pwU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 2011 5.0 Mustang Flowmaster American Thunder Axleback[/nomedia]

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
1) Bassani
2) Bassani
3) Bassani

i love my bassani exhaust. it is by far the best sounding exhaust for the GT. i have the first catback they made on my car. people that have the magnaflows and flowmasters love my exhause.

+1:beer:

Photo Gallery...........................Website............................Modifications
gotimesig.jpg

Have a great day eh !________________________________________Dave

ViciousJay

Established Member
I concur with American Thunder. I’m getting a lot of compliments. I just love them, and for the price, it’s unbeatable.

actually you can have a local shop make muffler deletes and throw some magnapacks where the resonators are at... thats what i plan...

10thcoupe

Banned
i got the competition catback,put it on today. put liek 80 miles on the car, feels like it breathes better mid to top end power wise, the exhaust is loud. and im coming from stingers on a cobra, this catback is VERY deep, Very deep muscle car big block sounding driving around town, when u open it up it tones out nicely til about 6k rpm then it gets TAD raspy, might go away when it breaks in, ill get vids when i can

SF18C

Established Member
I am holding out for MBRP to release their '11 5.0 systems. They have finished fitting and testing and are moving into production very soon.

I have heard they are working everything from LT headers, X & H pipes, cat-backs and axle-backs setups.

Initial reviews are very good! I was able to chat with the owner of the car that MBRP used for the fitting and tuning. He had good things to say about his system and really liked his dyno pulls after install.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Magnaflow..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhRBCziQ6s&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X w/ 3" Magnaflow Competition Catback 2011 5.0L Mustang GT[/nomedia]

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
The comp catback sounds great, but it might be lil to loud for me, I want to hear a sound clip with reg magnaflow and the lethal o/r x...thats what Im leaning towards buying

CGoeschel

Established Member
Got the Roush mufflers put on yesterday. Sounds really good! Mean! I had my wife drive the car so I could hear it from outside and I was impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread