Exhaust tips!

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
.n0b. said:
i got 4" Bassani tips also. they are perfect.

Are yours the side slash cut ones? Everyone that sees mine ask if they are suppose to be that way.....

almost_there_1

Established Member
is it possible to put those 4inch rolled tips on a bassani ss catback? I've only have my cobra since friday and my exhaust hasn't came in yet. so I have nothing to referance.

Vae_Victus

Established Member
I'm just curious...I'm getting a bassani x (catted) with the mac 3" cb...if i was to change the 3.5" mac tips with the magnaflows' 4" tips...wouldn't that alter the sound of the entire setup? I see a lot of you guys wanting to get these tips cuz they look awesome but no one is talking about sound. :s Anyone care to comment?

Thanks

SVT04

Established Member
venom one said:
Bassani here...
rearviewnoplatesbc0.jpg

Where are they ?? I can't see any tips...(well maybe just a little,but they are hiding) with the 4 inch rolled magnaflow tips I have just like the other guys posted here you can see the tips...looks way better.

I had to shorten mine 1 1/2" and welded on the clamping units and hangers off of a pair of 3 1/2" magnaflow slash cut tips (the ones that came with my cat-back) to make them work. I'm a TIG welder so it was easy...a little work but they look awesome .
As well they improve the sound of your exhaust,mine became deeper and throatier with the 4" tips. :burnout:

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Isn't that what the stockers are slashed at? :shrug:

Thanks for responding, by the way! :beer:

Not quite 45 I don't think. But the Magnaflows with less angle look much better,they align very nicely with the angle of the rear bumper cover.

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
goody03 said:
20102.jpg

http://www.borla.com/products/product_multi_detail.aspx?cat=3&type=57&desc=Polished+Tips|Single+Round+Intercooled

Those look horrible..ricer all the way....

SVT04

Established Member
:rollseyes Again I have to repeat myself...45 degrees is too much and will look wrong on the Mustang.
Doesn't surprise me though some guys seem to have thick heads :bash: ....again I repeat. 45 degrees is too much angle.
The rolled 4" Magnaflows have less angle and match up almost perfectly with the angle of the Mustang rear bumper cover ....:burnout:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
SVT04 said:
:rollseyes Again I have to repeat myself...45 degrees is too much and will look wrong on the Mustang.
Doesn't surprise me though some guys seem to have thick heads :bash: ....again I repeat. 45 degrees is too much angle.
The rolled 4" Magnaflows have less angle and match up almost perfectly with the angle of the Mustang rear bumper cover ....:burnout:

The 45 degree tips do not look good on the 03/04 Cobra, but do look good on other Mustangs.

I do agree, the 15 degree rolled tips are perfect on the Terminators.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
SVT04 said:

WTF? :bored:

.. It's all personal preference. Just cuz you think it will look wrong doesn't mean everyone will.

Like I said, I like them and think they are the best looking ones.

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:
WTF? :bored:

.. It's all personal preference. Just cuz you think it will look wrong doesn't mean everyone will.

Like I said, I like them and think they are the best looking ones.

Personal preference has very little to do with it....there are things that "work" on cars and look "right" ...and then there are other things that don't...as evidenced by all the poor taste mods you will find at Nopi events etc.....

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
SVT04 said:
Personal preference has very little to do with it....there are things that "work" on cars and look "right" ...and then there are other things that don't...as evidenced by all the poor taste mods you will find at Nopi events etc.....
What are you saying? Doesn't an enormous three shelf rear wing look smokin' hot on the back of a 4 door Civic? As an added bling, I hear that it adds something like 40-45 rwhp. OTOH, 45* tips add 15 rwhp while the 15* tips only add like 6-8 rwhp, so there you go.

One more thing, I thought that "Nopi" was a medical condition in old men caused by an enlarged prostate. :lol:

MustangThief

Established Member
SVT04 said:

Haha dude, you just said personal preference has very little to do with it, then started describing a textbook definition OF opinion. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread