exhaust tip polished

SSWWRITE

Established Member
OK - I was first thinking og a cat-back but maybe with all the factors involved -mainly cash - has anyone ever polished their stock exhaust tips? :shrug: - car is 01 cobra.

thanks

jknowles4

Established Member
Are they not already polished? Or are you talking about just polishing them and making them look better?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My 98 tips were polished from the factory..Like everyone else's...But after a while they started looking dull, so I polished them with a dremel polishing kit. The tips on your 2001 CObra may just need to be polished with some never-dull, or some type of polishing cream.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
icu812 said:
you darn tooting it is just a drop'll do ya. :thumbsup:
I've been using the stuff since the early 80's and always get excellent results :beer:
same here used it for years..still do!

not to many people have seen or heard of it though :(

j080808

Established Member
Simichrome is usually available at most/all motorcycle shops, it is used on m/c headers/exhausts.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
so will semichrome make stainless steel and such look kind of like chrome? Or will it just make it look cleaner?

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
yes but you will use some major elbow grease trying to make it look like chrome..your best bet is for some machine help.
buying polished stainless looks like chrome. If I am fabbing something up that I want to polish, aluminum 99% of the time. As far as upkeep, stainless will last longer than chrome, unless chemical or sandblasting, but will last much longer.

Last edited:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I've always used mothers and a small (4-inch) buffing wheel on my power drill and buff out the major scratches. I then follow by buffing w/ Mequire's Chrome Polish. That does a really good job, for the most part. This thread reminded me that I haven't done this in quite some time and my tips look like crap.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Hand polish with Blue Magic cream. Polish 3 times, then buff. Apply 2 coats of car wax and voilla!

:thumbsup:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
To polish stainless steel, buy Eagle 1 Chrome and Wire Wheel Polish. It is what Magnaflow recommends to use on their SS exhausts and it is AWESOME. It makes my tips look like mirrors.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
To polish stainless steel, buy Eagle 1 Chrome and Wire Wheel Polish. It is what Magnaflow recommends to use on their SS exhausts and it is AWESOME. It makes my tips look like mirrors.

That's great stuff! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread