Exhaust Ticket. Search Down

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I got pulled over this morning on my way to work for expired tags. The cops asked me if I had aftermarket exhaust and I said yes. They gave me 2 tickets.

I'm not worried about the expired tags. I have the stickers at home, just forgot to put them on. :bash: He said they would most likely throw that ticket out.

I have the Bassani catted x-pipe and Borla stinger. I was going about 52mph in forth gear so the car was pretty quiet. Does anyone know the law on this and how or if I should go about fighting it? I'm in Fairfax, VA and I've never gone to court. Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW, After the cop finishes lecturing me about my exhaust being "too loud" he then tells me that it "sounds good" and writes me a ticket. :cuss:

mustangdan429

Established Member
virginia law suck.

Be polite to the judge.(it goes a long way)

you could put your stock exhaust back on and they might throw the exhaust ticket out, then put the stingers back on once you are done with court. what exactly did they call the exhaust ticket? illigal exhaust or a noise violation?

you prolly dont need a lawyer, just pray for the best.

danny

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
It does suck. The cops are hanging out Fairfax County Parkway looking to ticket any and everyone for the littleist thing. There were probably 15 cops patroling about a 4 mile stretch this morning.

I guess the county is low on funds and need some quick cash.

I'm probably just going to pay it because I'm leaving this Saturday for a 2 month trip (work) to Kuwait. I figure I could push the court date back but then I'll have to deal with it just before Christmas and have it looming over my head the entire time I'm in the middle east.

Thanks for the advice though, I may end up fighting it. I dunno.:shrug:

SSgtUSMC

Established Member
This is what Virginia code states:

Virginia's State Code (Sec. 46.2-1049) specifically states, "No person shall drive and no owner of a motor vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise.":nonono:

If I get a ticket I will pay it, then register my car in Florida.

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by SSgtUSMC
This is what Virginia code states:

Virginia's State Code (Sec. 46.2-1049) specifically states, "No person shall drive and no owner of a motor vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise.":nonono:

If I get a ticket I will pay it, then register my car in Florida.

Thanks for the info. I paid the tickets because I didn't have the time to fight them. :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread