Exhaust setups...

Systemax302

Established Member
What are you guys running on your 03-04 for a midpipe and catback?
I've never owned one, always had 5.0's, and I'm trying to decide what direction I should go in on my first one.
I always had h pipes on my 5.0's, seems like most of the options for the Terminators are x pipes. I've always liked a deep, smoother sound so I was thinking about the MAC Prochambers.
Any sound clips, info and discussion would be great. I've watched some YouTube videos as well.
Maybe it's just the setups, but a lot of the x pipes I've heard seem to really flutter or pop a lot. Is that the exhaust, the motor or a combination of the two causing that?

Thanks

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
My current set up is a Magnaflow catted X with Borla Stingers. I love it. But that said I’m debating on going off road prochamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
On my YouTube page (Henry), I've got start up and idle videos with my car stock, ATAKs with stock h-pipe, ATAKs with MRT catted H-pipe, ATAKs with off road Prochamber, ATAKs with catted Bassani X-pipe and Borla Touring with a catted Magnaflow X-pipe.

I've liked all of them.

Last edited:

BMSTNG

Established Member
Magnaflow catted X with Borla Stingers absolutely love it. No popping or fluttering what so ever. I get a lot of compliments on how great it sounds.

Systemax302

Established Member
I run the MRT h-pipe with a magnaflow catback with magnapacks. I find the x-pipes a little too raspy for my taste.

Exhausts are like wheels though and I find myself changing it up every so often to try something new.
Yeah MRT makes good stuff, about a 20 minute drive from me.
I've also felt the x pipes were raspy sounding. Do you have any videos of your car man?

Systemax302

Established Member
Magnaflow catted X with Borla Stingers absolutely love it. No popping or fluttering what so ever. I get a lot of compliments on how great it sounds.
Yeah, I've noticed a LOT of popping going on with Terminators in the YouTube videos.
Any idea why that is exactly?

wckdvnm

Established Member
Mac O/R H and magnaflow street cat back; this is my current set up. Not as loud as stingers were with this H pipe. (Never got a video of it)

magnaflow X with hollowed cats and stingers, was loud but droned so bad it made my interior rattle which it never did prior.
and the setup that came on the car. JBA 3 inch cat back with bassani’s first gen mufflers. Sounded horrible, almost tin can like. Couldn’t get rid of it fast enough.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Mac O/R H and magnaflow street cat back; this is my current set up. Not as loud as stingers were with this H pipe. (Never got a video of it)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Do you get a weird pulsing sound at WOT? I had an H pipe on my car with the stingers for a few days and at WOT the car just makes a blap...blap..blap...blap..sound. I was talking to a buddy about it and he said his cobra with an H pipe and stingers made the same weird noise (he described it as a clapping sound). I swapped on an Xpipe and the sound went away.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Do you get a weird pulsing sound at WOT? I had an H pipe on my car with the stingers for a few days and at WOT the car just makes a blap...blap..blap...blap..sound. I was talking to a buddy about it and he said his cobra with an H pipe and stingers made the same weird noise (he described it as a clapping sound). I swapped on an Xpipe and the sound went away.

At about 2,500-2,800 yeah but only at light throttle. I’ve heard other brands of H and it does it pretty bad. It may have to do with the spacing between the pipes used and the length of piping used to create the H. The MRT one I heard did it pretty bad.
Difference I noticed over the X was the lessening of rasp and when I had stingers it got rid of the drone I had. The car also got 5-10x louder when I went H over X

cj428mach

Established Member
One thing that helps with Rasp on the X pipe is some resonators spliced into the midpipe.

SVTCam

Established Member
Mac O/R Prochamber + Bassani exhaust has been my favorite setup. Not crazy loud, but the sound it produces is my favorite of any setup I've had over the years.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You guys are killing me. I have been debating between SLP LMII and Borla Stingers.

I absolutely love the exhaust note Borla produces. However the LMII set ups I have heard have a nice deep tone that is not brutal.

Something tells me that either will wake the dead with an o/r H-pipe. At the moment I have Flowmaster Super 10s welded in. They have a thin sound, but will set off car alarms in a parking garage.

I don't mind loud, but I do have a problem with obnoxious. There is a fine line.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread