exhaust recommendation

Osiris_SVT

SVTHC
Established Member
I've been shopping around for a good exhaust setup. The one problem I have is that most of the people I know with performance exhausts in my area get pulled over and issued a $110 ticket about every 3 weeks. I do not want this. Although, they all seem to have the most riced out mufflers I've seen.

I want to add some power to my car with an exhaust, but I'm not sure what to get because of these evil policemen. I was thinking that if I add full headers and leave the rest of the exhaust stock, I might be able to get away with it. But then my problem becomes emission testing. Plus, I would still like to see some nice chrome tipps on my exhaust. What should I do? get a slightly better exhaust? headers? .... Im confused.

Do you think the custom exhaust setup from CTAmotorsports would be a good idea? http://www.ctamotorsports.com/contour_parts/contourexhaustcan.htm

:shrug: :p :-D

contourSVT93

SVTtour98
Established Member
TruBendz

I'd say check out trubendz for the exhaust. I hear its the best bang for the buck and you get to choose from many options to quiet down the exhaust. I hear the Borla resonated one is only a little bit louder than the stock exhaust, but just check to make sure by asking other people.

LUCA

Established Member
/\ What he said. :)

"It's the best bang for the buck".

If you go with headers you will need MIL eliminators. Twenty bucks + $3. s/h from Trubendz.com. That will eliminate that CEL (check engine light) and allow you to pass emission testing.

Users who are viewing this thread