Exhaust rattle

svtar15

Drive fast,Shoot Straight
Established Member
I just put on a Magnaflow o/r x pipe with my Flowmaster 40's. It has a rattle a couple spots through the tach. Anyone else had this issue? Let me know what you did to correct it please.

arturo3rd

Established Member
I just put on a Magnaflow o/r x pipe with my Flowmaster 40's. It has a rattle a couple spots through the tach. Anyone else had this issue? Let me know what you did to correct it please.

same problem i had with my flows and x pipe. get a h-pipe so the exhaust can flow better and not get held back. i had a similar thread like this and spend days looking for an answer until a fellow svt memebr had a fix and vids to prove it. do a search for my started threads, its not that many.

went to a h-pipe and rattle was gone.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
same problem i had with my flows and x pipe. get a h-pipe so the exhaust can flow better and not get held back. i had a similar thread like this and spend days looking for an answer until a fellow svt memebr had a fix and vids to prove it. do a search for my started threads, its not that many.

went to a h-pipe and rattle was gone.

Yeah um I think his off road X is flowing just fine... I'd take a look under there and make sure everything was installed right and is on there tight. Do you have any video's of this rattle? And when can you hear it?

Last edited:

svtar15

Drive fast,Shoot Straight
Established Member
I don't have a video, but I'll see if I can work something up. I've checked all fittings, even gone as far as to wrap the pipes with exhaust wrap.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member

Theres your problem...flowmaster ftl

anyways ya i remember a thread with someone else on here except i think they had a bbk o/r x

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I had that problem with my first stang.. ended up being the mufflers were too close to the floorboard. Lowered em a half inch or so and no more rattling.

arturo3rd

Established Member
Yeah um I think his off road X is flowing just fine... I'd take a look under there and make sure everything was installed right and is on there tight. Do you have any video's of this rattle? And when can you hear it?

yeah um.... :D

maybe the flows and x-pipe arent flowing right whe ombined together. same problem i had and others with their x-pipes and flows. it only happens at certain rpms and is was not a leak but a rattle since the exhaust was getting caught up in the baffles.

Users who are viewing this thread