Exhaust rattle at idle

Moreboost88

Established Member
My Gt 500 is starting to rattle at idle, I don't drive it much, but today I moved it out of the garage, and heard the rattle. What could be the cause of this? I'm taking it in this week to get it fixed, I do have aftermarket exhaust (Corsa Ultimate touring)

Thanks!

chimazo

Established Member
Just get under there and tighten up any clamps and make sure no part of the system is touching anything (floorpan, rear facia, etc.). Of course, it could be any of the 27 different rattles already noted for gt500's...

Last edited:

ZXMustang

Banned
Hell yes it can. I really hear it when Im in a drive through with it and the sound is deflecting from under the car. Or when its in the garage just idling.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hell yes it can. I really hear it when Im in a drive through with it and the sound is deflecting from under the car. Or when its in the garage just idling.

Yea thought so, heard it going through a condo complex the other day. Off an on though, like moving forward 5 feet, stopping, heard it, moving again and stopping didn't hear it.

Boo. :burnout:

ZXMustang

Banned
As far as I have heard, even cars with the TSB done to the trans still have this issue>? Anyone confirm this?

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
As far as I have heard, even cars with the TSB done to the trans still have this issue>? Anyone confirm this?

I don't believe anything in the TSB would address this. It is really just the nature of the beast. Not a symptom of anything wrong or a pending problem. Just due to the design of the Tremec 6-speed in our cars.

Users who are viewing this thread