Exhaust Questions

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Posted this on fox-body cobra forums but noone answered

I have a few questions pertaining exhaust. I recently received a VRS o/r x-pipe and a Mac cat-back with 2.5" chrome tips. I was wondering about a few things. A car wouldn't pass without an airpump would it? I sorta need mine, so I'd like to have a little fitting welded into the x-pipe so I can plug up the air tube. Going to talk with muffler shop tommorow. I can pull the pump, and it will lock up, and if I have to get it inspected and it fails, new air pump, 60 bucks. :( And price for a new belt, another inspection, the job of replacing the air pump. Which BTW, are they hard to get the smog lines, air tube and the pump itself back into place? The other choice is to have a place welded in, and I can leave it as is. What should I do guys? I guess it will depend on how much the muffler shop wants to do the pipe, we do know the guy that I will talk to, but who knows. Any idea on how much it will be?

Do I also need some gaskets where the x-pipe meets the header? Or will the ball and socket seal just fine without them?

Finally, do you guys have any reccomendations or tips on how to make this job go easier? I would really appreciate it! Thanks! :D

Users who are viewing this thread