Exhaust Questions (Dumb)

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 13 gt 6M and have a few dumb questions about cat back exhaust systems so please bare with me. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I live in California which has strict emission laws. I'm debating whether to get the flowmaster hushpower axle back, or the full cat back system. Does the cat back eliminate the catalytic converters? If not, have you seen a difference in HP/TQ gains between an axle back and cat back? The difference in price is a little over $200. Thanks for any advice

D.T.R

Established Member
I have a 13 gt 6M and have a few dumb questions about cat back exhaust systems so please bare with me. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I live in California which has strict emission laws. I'm debating whether to get the flowmaster hushpower axle back, or the full cat back system. Does the cat back eliminate the catalytic converters? If not, have you seen a difference in HP/TQ gains between an axle back and cat back? The difference in price is a little over $200. Thanks for any advice

No, the cat-back doesn't eliminate the catalytic converter. They also don't give you any gains.

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! I'll go with the axle back and save the $200 for other mods.

DWalker

Established Member
The catbacks do remove the factory resonators that are in front of the rear axle though, along with having smoother flowing piping that's all the same size.

Users who are viewing this thread