Exhaust Question

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
I have set of American Racing 1 7/8 inch long tube headers and the catted x pipe. Who makes a 3 inch mid pipe that will connect to my Bassani axle back mufflers?

I am going to eliminate the side pipes from the car..... Just cant justify the added weight!

Thanks For any help! I need this pipe yesterday.....

Mike

Tyler72

Established Member
Well, the x/h pipe that the side pipes attach to is different than the "mid pipes'. If you want to eliminate the side pipes then you just need to get either an x or h pipe from American Racing... but get one for a GT so the side pipe provisions are gone. Also, if your mufflers are designed to attach to the stock mid pipes, then you will have to keep what you have or buy a complete 3" cat back because the connections at the axle back systems are different between stock mid pipes and a full system. No body makes 3" mid pipes that use the stock ball and socket style connection.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Your catted x-pipe should connect to your over-axel pipes, which connects to your mufflers. You should already have what you need.

Stock exhaust is five pieces: Exhaust manifold, cats, Quad h-pipe, over axel pipes, mufflers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread