Exhaust question

bighunt

Established Member
Anyone here ever tried just an O/R x pipe with the stock catback?

I have a '99 that I think sounds good, but I'd like to make it a little louder, while also lessening the restriction of the 4 factory catalytic converters.

I've searched and searched and can't find any sound clips with just an off-road x pipe and stock exhaust.

Help is appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I think most people if they plan on keeping their stock piping in place have just have flows or another type muffler welded in, never heard of anyone doing an x/h pipe while retaining the restrictive stock muffler. I would recommend getting at least some mufflers welded in if you don't want to go the catback route.

my 2 cents.

-Adam

Bite Me

Established Member
Yes it works fine. I had o/r x on stock catback because the place we ordered the SLP's from didnt send the mufflers with the kit. Sounded really good also.

zPipes

Established Member
Stock catback with Flows welded in here, Mac o/r H. No issues sounds great.

redsvt99

Established Member
Anyone here ever tried just an O/R x pipe with the stock catback?

I have a '99 that I think sounds good, but I'd like to make it a little louder, while also lessening the restriction of the 4 factory catalytic converters.

I've searched and searched and can't find any sound clips with just an off-road x pipe and stock exhaust.

Help is appreciated.

Thank you

4 cats? :??: i only see two cats on mine. My car passed smog with 2 cats here in california. Am I missing something here. My exhaust seem to be stock.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
4 cats? :??: i only see two cats on mine. My car passed smog with 2 cats here in california. Am I missing something here. My exhaust seem to be stock.

They all have 4. You must have some type of aftermarket or two cats taken out.

zPipes

Established Member
^ correct, stock exhaust has two cats on each side of the factory midpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread