exhaust question

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
what do you guys think a good exhaust combo would be for an 03 GT...i was thinking i'd try borla stingers and a bassani x-pipe

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
depends on the tone you like. I like my setup, SLP loudmouth I catbacks, with SLP O/R x pipe. I can drive with it with no problem but then WOT is just crazy loud

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
BtwnSVTcobra said:
what do you guys think a good exhaust combo would be for an 03 GT...i was thinking i'd try borla stingers and a bassani x-pipe

that's a good sounding and performing combo you've got posted rite there.

bradass31

Established Member
It depends on the sound you like. I have the magnaflow magnapac's and I love the way it sounds. I put an offroad x-pipe on it and it sounded like shit, really raspy and hollow sounding- it sounded like the car was falling apart. sombody told me that if I put headers on with the x-pipe that it would even out the flow and correct the exhaust note. I havent yet so I took off the x-pipe.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
i love my combo its stingers with an mrt catted h-pipe. very sweet, at an idle it has a nice rumble and wot its crazy. i get comliments all the time "thats a sick sound" or "i heard you coming from way down the road" not interested in long tubes or catless, dont need the hastle or probs with inspections.:beer:

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
oh yeah, x-pipes give that exotic higher pitched sound not bad but the h-pipe gives a little deeper note imo. but as everybody says its your taste that counts. take some time and hear clips through this forum and mustangexhaust.com or something. thats what i did.:read:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I personally like SLP, SLP Loudmoth II's with an O/R X is a good sounding set up. It might be a little loud though.

Last edited:

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
neatofrito1618 said:
I personaly like SLP, SLP Loudmoth II's with an O/R X is a good sounding set up. It might be a little loud though.

a bit , r u kiddin that is a sick setup:fm: that might as well be straight pipes, no dis but wow thats loud.:eek:

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
Well, i like to be different so i went with dynomax catback and a catted bassani xpipe to begin with, and then one of the cats blew, so i had to switch to the offroad pipes for now. i didnt like it at first but its starting to grow on me. dont get hassled by the cops around here so i may leave it the way it is.

theres a link in my sig of the dynomax with the offroad x...you should see my other videos on the right of the screen when u click the link....check em out

Users who are viewing this thread