exhaust question

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Ok guys, I put borla cat-back on my cobra recently, of course being careful not to cut the original exhaust, well its just not loud enough. I want to go with an off road xpipe. How do i by-pass the check engine light? Is that what an MIL eliminator is? Also what headers would you guys recommend, I want to keep my low end torque and do not want to cut anything so they fit. From what I have read equal length shorties are the way to go...any suggestions?

Last edited:

sled

Established Member
the check engine will not come on. its an OBD1 car, it cant tell the cats are gone.
if you want it loud get long tubes and a mac prochamber.

jonw357

Established Member
I just put Borla Pro xs on the weekend with a dr.gas x-pipe. It is kinda quit down low, but gets louder in the higher rpm range. I have had borla mufflers before. Give them about a month. They will start getting louder, just need to be broke in. People always use to ask me about my exhaust. I even got a few people this weekend that wanted to know where i got my exhaust system from.

badvenm

Established Member
Get a off-road x-pipe, the 40 series flowmasters and it will sound great. If you want it louder than that dump em. What I have done on my car and sounds badass is a 3in. inlet and 4in outlet. They both were 3 but I cut the back of the muffler and made it 4. Gives it a real hollow smooth tune.

Users who are viewing this thread